Wright Zero Turn Mowers?

wdrdoctor

Threads
I would like to get as much feedback as possible in regards to wright zero turn mowers? Not the stand on mowers,but the actual sit down zero turn mowers.
Build quality,cut quality,etc,etc ?????
Are these mowers better than Hustler or Scag?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would like to get as much feedback as possible in regards to wright zero turn mowers? Not the stand on mowers,but the actual sit down zero turn mowers.
Build quality,cut quality,etc,etc ?????
Are these mowers better than Hustler or Scag?
I wouldn't say "better"...but the Wright mowers(ZTR's & Standers) are top quality machines along the same line as the commercial Hustlers, Scags, Gravelys, Kubotas, Toros, etc. They are kinda pricey, similar to the Scags but if you can get a good deal on one you would not be unhappy with it.

wdrdoctor

Threads
I would prefer to hear from people who have owned or currently own a wright z turn sit down mower.
With all due respect I see you own a gravely,and prob never owned a wright z turn mower.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would prefer to hear from people who have owned or currently own a wright z turn sit down mower.
With all due respect I see you own a gravely,and prob never owned a wright z turn mower.

I did look at and demo a Wright ZTR when I was shopping in 2012. Their specs and build were very similar to the other ZTR's I was considering(Hustler FasTrak SD, Scag Turf Tiger, Toro Z-Master and Dixon DX commercial...and of course Gravely). The Gravely ended up being the best deal of those particular ZTR's. I haven't run across very many Wright owners since I've been on this forum(since summer of 2012), but that's not to say you may get a response from a current owner. Like I said...the Wrights and Scags are VERY pricey compared to others so they aren't as popular for homeowners. Scags, Hustlers, Toros, Exmarks and Grasshoppers dominate the landscaping companies here in middle TN and I don't ever see any Wrights. But that doesn't say much either in regards to assisting you. Sorry I can't be more help:0(

P.S.
However, if you have a nearby Gravely dealer I would recommend that you take a look at their Pro-Turn XDZ series and compare to the Wright or any other commercial quality ZTR you are considering. Not just because I own one...but because they ill hold their own compared to any other brand. I own the 100 XDZ but I would compare the 200 series to the Wrights. IMHO, the Gravely 400 XDZ series is a step "above" the Wight Z series(BTW, the standers are Wright's bread-and-butter mower). Here's a link to a spec sheet on those Gravely's if you want to compare the specs to others. Happy ZTR shopping:0)

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/gravely_downloads/sellsheet_proturn200.pdf

P.S.S.
If you go to the Wright website and do some searching you should find information about the Wright Seasonal Buying Program discounts. In 2012, the sheet I downloaded showed discounts(% off) from the MSRP of:
Late Winter(1/16-2/26) - 11%
Summer(2/29-7/24) - 8%
Late Summer(7/25-9/25) - 11%
Fall(9/26-10/23) - 14%
Late Fall(10/24-12/4) - 17%
Early Winter(12/5-1/15) - 14%

I assume they still have this incentive program that may help you decide when to buy for the best deal. Be sure to ask the dealer if you can't find any info on the Wright website.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

If your looking for owners of the Wright ZTR you may have to look for a while because there not a very popular unit. I don't think I ever seen one in the field.

MRCo.

Threads
I'm not an owner, but having investigated dealing them I took a good hard look. They are extremely well built and I like that the left and right side hydros are totally separate systems so if the left pump dies it can only take the left motor out with it, the right side is safe.