Wrapping Trees

Honey

Threads
We are just starting to get into colder weather here, is it wise to wrap trees or is it just certain trees that require wrapping? I have a few cedars and some burning bushes, do either of these need to be wrapped?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We are just starting to get into colder weather here, is it wise to wrap trees or is it just certain trees that require wrapping? I have a few cedars and some burning bushes, do either of these need to be wrapped?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know about burning bushes but if your cedars are Eastern Red Cedar they don't need any protection. I suspect the cedar pictured with the yard stick for measurement wasn't ever wrapped since it may have been well over 200 years old when I took that pic and the one I recently transplanted ( with Tommy posing rather than hunting gophers ) won't be and it will survive just fine.

Attachments

• tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 4

Twinkle

Threads
Yes, the burning bushes need to be protected, both from the elements and animal damage. I think wrapped trees look really cosy and happy. I don't know if all trees need it though, I don't see many wrapped here.