Would you rather mow, or clear snow?

In December I enjoy clearing snow.
By March I'm getting really tired of snow, and am looking forward to mowing.
In June I enjoy mowing.
By September I'm getting really tired of mowing and am looking forward to snow.
 
Since I bought my rider last year, I enjoy both cutting the grass or pushing snow just about equally.

One difference though is that if I'm not in the mood, the grass can wait a day or so to be cut. Living in a city, the snow needs to be plowed as soon as possible.
 
In December I enjoy clearing snow.
By March I'm getting really tired of snow, and am looking forward to mowing.
In June I enjoy mowing.
By September I'm getting really tired of mowing and am looking forward to snow.

You took the words right out of my mouth....:biggrin:
 
I never will look forward to snow. But I do look forward to the time of year where the grass quits growing, but it's too warm to snow.

I never will look forward to cutting grass.
 
I never will look forward to snow. But I do look forward to the time of year where the grass quits growing, but it's too warm to snow.

I never will look forward to cutting grass.

If that is the case, maybe you should look into buying a condo or renting an apartmernt? My 5 plus acre yeards and huge driveway mean a lot of work, but I take pride in caring for them. Partly because I can't imagine and can't afford what it would cost to pay someone to do it...that is how I justify my multi-thousand dollar outlays for a tractor and related power equipment...they pay for themselves because the labor to operate them is free. :thumbsup:
 
If that is the case, maybe you should look into buying a condo or renting an apartmernt?
It's far too late for that. My property now warrants only 45 minutes worth of work to cut grass, but I'm allergic to grass pollens, therefore it's as I say, I'll never look forward to cutting grass. My new house has 1.3 acres attached, so at last I can justify a riding mower. And, probably, an ATV with plow attached for the 150 ft driveway. And, I'll get away from doing multiple houses like I do now, because everybody up there has snow equipment. Maybe then it'll be more enjoyable, but I doubt I'll ever look forward to either.
 
I haven't lived in a snowy climate since 2002, but I always liked snow removal more. Because the snow eventually stops... the grass, that stuff never stops growing. :laughing:
 
I haven't lived in a snowy climate since 2002, but I always liked snow removal more. Because the snow eventually stops... the grass, that stuff never stops growing. :laughing:

If I didn't have a mower, I would probably detest grass growing too...:laughing:
 
I'd MUCH rather mow. It's a lot easier to make it look good, and it's much more enjoyable due to the warm air and sunshine (generally speaking).
 
Back
Top