Would you buy Husky again?

buy Husky again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jake in CT

Threads
For Husqvarna owners, would you buy from them again?

fatboy

Threads
I am actually on the fence my Husky chain saw works wonderfully even better than my Stihl. However I needed a push mower for some small yards my larger equipment wont fit in. Since these are also hilly I bought the Husquevarna AWD. It pulls right up the hill like a mountain goat but after two months the plastic drive wheel cover on the bottom has now ripped free of the two bolts that hold it on. Never had an issue like this before so kind of debating my next husky

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
That is a difficult one as with my Husqvarna push mower the problem was with the engine (not made by them) and not the actual body.

I would say though that despite whether it was their fault or not that the engine developed a problem, it has stopped me wanting to buy a Husqvarna again so I suppose my answer would be "no".

lonestarjeff

Threads
Brand choice these days is a tough proposition since the combination of engine & chassis can be different in almost every model line, not to mention the push mower is likely made in a different plant than the tractor, or the ZTR. You happen to pick the right combination & you have a flawless machine, wrong combination & you have junk. At least this is what I picked up when researching before I bought my MZ-5424.

In my case(even though I've had the machine a short time)I feel the choice was a good one & I'd buy Husky again(a ZTR anyway). I've put it through some heavy use in the short time I've had it & have no complaints. If I were shopping for a tractor or push mower I'd go thru the same research process before I made my ZTR choice.

That new model articulated mower is very interesting too.

Jeff

Threads
I am actually on the fence my Husky chain saw works wonderfully even better than my Stihl. However I needed a push mower for some small yards my larger equipment wont fit in. Since these are also hilly I bought the Husquevarna AWD. It pulls right up the hill like a mountain goat but after two months the plastic drive wheel cover on the bottom has now ripped free of the two bolts that hold it on. Never had an issue like this before so kind of debating my next husky

You are the first person I know who bought the AWD mower, so it's good to hear how it performs (even if it's not good).

wesmor928

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, if it came with a 23Hp Briggs and Stratton engine #4455 77 1187 B1 on it. The local Briggs repair shop says that these engines which are on the Husky YTH23V48 lawn tractor, have a dust problem where dust gets in the engine causing problems that result in severe wear. They say that Briggs has not issued a recall and only decides on replacement on an individual basis. My Briggs engine has only 110 hours on it and is worn out due to dust. So far, the Briggs representative has not decided to provide a new engine that the repair shop reccommends. I asked if new sleeves could be installed and the answer was that that would not fix the dust problem. The repair shop says that Briggs is a good company that stands behind their product but so far, my experience is not in agreement with that view.

More information:Today I talked to the repair shop and they said that every engine that starts with engine number 44 has a problem with dust. Don't buy a Briggs and Stratton vertical shaft engine that starts with the numbers "44". It will wear out quickly because of dust. Based on this, there might be another class action suit since the problem appears to be
almost throughout the series.

Last edited: