Worx Landroid: New model coming early 2019!

Threads
The Worx Landroid 794 is out of stock in most USA sales channels right now. Some new stock is apparently on the way, but the big news is that one of the newer models is being brought to the USA.

I don't know which model it is, but it will include Wi-Fi and geolocation technology.

(Worx makes about 20 different robotic lawnmowers but only one model, the WG794 is currently available in the USA)

I'm planning to add a second robot to my yard. The Robomow has performed reasonably well, but we have found that it really is running the ragged edge of its performance limits to keep up with my lawn. Dividing the workload and adding a second unit should help considerably. I haven't picked one out yet, but the Landroids are in the running.

Mark Widmer

Threads
Well, the model name alone is awesome. (This is the first I had heard of it.)

cashman

Threads
That's neat! I see a good opportunity in selling, installing, and maintaining robotic mowing systems.

Threads
That's neat! I see a good opportunity in selling, installing, and maintaining robotic mowing systems.

Now that I've had one a few years... I agree. Some lawns will be served perfectly by these machines. Others shouldn't be attempted, and it's not the kind of thing you can get across in a sales brochure.

Having somebody with knowledge of the machines and their capabilities actually walk the property in advance of purchase would make an enormous difference in the owner's satisfaction.

scythe_owner

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Worx Landroid 794 is out of stock in most USA sales channels right now. Some new stock is apparently on the way, but the big news is that one of the newer models is being brought to the USA.

I don't know which model it is, but it will include Wi-Fi and geolocation technology.

(Worx makes about 20 different robotic lawnmowers but only one model, the WG794 is currently available in the USA)

I'm planning to add a second robot to my yard. The Robomow has performed reasonably well, but we have found that it really is running the ragged edge of its performance limits to keep up with my lawn. Dividing the workload and adding a second unit should help considerably. I haven't picked one out yet, but the Landroids are in the running.

I asked one of their representatives about a month ago, and they did not say a release time, just sometime this year.
I have been inclined to get a Landroid 794 because of the 4" cutting height, but haven't because it only can manage a small area.
I was hoping that the new Landroid will cover more ground while maintaining the 4" cutting height... does anyone know what its abilities will be?

I have been to the German website and looked at their capabilities, and it looks like the european Worx mowers over have a max cut height of 2.5".
Folks have a Husqvarna Automower that mows 2.4" height, I don't care for it, but it still saves time mowing... the drawback is having to try to keep the areas the automower cannot get to cut down low enough as to not appear neglected.

Threads
Well we are officially past early 2019 and nothing yet from the Worx people.

They seem to be pushing a lot of discounts on their older products and there aren't many new offerings in any category. Hmm...