Won't start

Marine9999

Forum Newbie
Threads
I run the tank empty at the end of each season, Put fresh gas into the tank, mower cranks but does not start. Used ether spray it starts but does not run. Thoughts please.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
So is this a Troybilt push mower or rider. Model number of the mower and the model number from the engine will help us narrow down the possible issues with your mower.

Gator325

Threads
I run the tank empty at the end of each season, Put fresh gas into the tank, mower cranks but does not start. Used ether spray it starts but does not run. Thoughts please.
Not getting gas. float stuck probably. Clean or rebuild carb.

mikebarber

Threads
Is there an electrical solenoid on the bottom of your carburetor ( thank you government regulations) If gas was drained before winter lay-up the float woud be down at the bottom letting fuel in there are often crankcase pulse fuel pumps that could have spring loaded ckeck valves stuck in them I asked early on if there was a solenoid looking coil on the bottom of the carburetor it's normally closed with a needle valve seated without power to prevent fuel flow there are a few places to look best of luck to ya gary

preventec47

Threads
I have a similar wont start problem and if the fuel solenoid is off without power in the normal state, I would like to manually
override the solenoid so that it will always be on and disconnect it. I always us a manual fuel off valve at the end of
each session to run the fuel out of the carb. . So does anyone have instructions.... I guess I should remove the float bowl
and look inside to see how the solenoid works and try to figure it out. Has anyone done this ? Any downsides to this approach ?