Engine wont crank

n2mowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was having an issue with my lazer z 52 with a 20hp kohler when I released the brake mower engine would die so I jumped the switch until I could order one started have an issue with the motion control switch so I jumped them out as well as the seat switch. The next problem was the pto with all switches jumped out the electric pto would shut the engine down when I engaged the pto. So ordered and installed all new safety switches but now the mower will not start it is as if there is no power to the starter solinoid.
Thanks

briggs

Threads
I was having an issue with my lazer z 52 with a 20hp kohler when I released the brake mower engine would die so I jumped the switch until I could order one started have an issue with the motion control switch so I jumped them out as well as the seat switch. The next problem was the pto with all switches jumped out the electric pto would shut the engine down when I engaged the pto. So ordered and installed all new safety switches but now the mower will not start it is as if there is no power to the starter solinoid.
Thanks

check the fuse there should be an in line fuse

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks to me like you are digging a big problem hole. One of the big rules of diagnosing a problem is do one thing at a time. It looks to me you are just jumping all over the place looking for the problem. I find one of the best tools I can have when looking for a electrical problem is a wiring diagram.

n2mowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks to me like you are digging a big problem hole. One of the big rules of diagnosing a problem is do one thing at a time. It looks to me you are just jumping all over the place looking for the problem. I find one of the best tools I can have when looking for a electrical problem is a wiring diagram.

I have a wiring diagram its in the parts manual not sure how that helps though what I need is a service manual. Didn't cost very much to just replace the 4 safety switches

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a wiring diagram its in the parts manual not sure how that helps though what I need is a service manual. Didn't cost very much to just replace the 4 safety switches

A service manual isn't going to help you diagnose a electrical problem. The cost of the switches isn't any of the problem here. If you have a wiring diagram use it like a road map. Most lawn mowers use colored wires and a few use numbered wires. What ever circuit you are working on you start on one end of it and follow it till you find the problem. It isn't that bad to do but you will need something to test switches and wires like a volt meter or just a test light. Keep in your mine work only on one circuit or switch at a time or it is going to mess you up big time.

n2mowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I checked the battery 14.4 volts same at the solenoid mower will not do anything. No clicking or anything. Fuses check good. I can pull the pto switch and here it click. I jumped out the brake switch which is brand new. Mower will crank and run when I cut the pto on engine dies. I unhooked the pto electrical but this didnt help the problem engine still dies. The only thing I have not replaced is the seat delay module although I have a new one.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok it still looks like you are still trying and replacing instead of testing, your time and money. Most PTO switches have two functions turn on and off the PTO (the clicking noise you hear) and also cut power to the mower so you can't start the mower with the PTO on you might try that. I have come across bad ignition switches also. Check for loose wire connections.

n2mowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Testing is great but when the mower is down its not making money. The cost to replace for outweighs the time spent with testing to determine the cause. All of the the pto switch is on/off I can jump every switch out and run this mower just cant run the pto. Well everything is tied into the seat delay module unfortunately the seat delay module from the parts manual is not the same one that is on the mower as there is a 4th wire that specifically goes to the pto. It will be ok I got it figured out total cost 76.00

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
4 wires to the PTO switch. Two wires go to the PTO the other two wires go to the start circuit. The bad part is you need to know the cause to repair it. I will see if I can find a picture of the wiring this evening for some more ideas if you don't get it reprired