Won’t start

Firesnuffer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 6.75 hp Briggs on self prop. Like an idiot I turned it upside down to drain oil thru fill tube . When added new oil , wouldn’t start . Installed new spark plug , mower started but immediately went dead , won’t restart. I know the plug is fouling , have tried starting and re-cleaning plug alternatively several times , no success. Is there a way to get the excess oil out of cylinder so won’t continue to foul plug ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next time just turn it on it’s side and you’ll have no problems. Now you will have to remove the spark plug and the air filter. I’ll bet the filter is oil and gas soaked, so it will need to be replaced. With the plug and filter out, place an old rag in front of the spark plug hole and pull the engine over about 20 times. Put in a nonfouled plug, leave the filter off, and start the engine. It may take a dozen pulls and when it starts you will be fogging for mosquitoes until all the oil is burned out. I’m assuming you did put in fresh oil. After you get it starting and running we’ll replace both plug and filter with new.