Wire glue

skipper124

Threads
I found a nice big mouse nest on my cylinder head the other day for my Briggs Intek 13.5 HP riding mower. Then I noticed it wouldn't start. So then I found they left me another nice little present by chewing my spark plug wire off right by the coil. There's not enough wire left by the coil to splice it back. There is enough left that I thought maybe wire glue would work. I don't have a solder gun or I would use that. Any suggestions?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to say this, but you’re going to have to replace the coil. Any type of repair is not going to last long.

skipper124

Threads
That's what I was afraid of. Are they easy to replace? I never done that before.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most times very easy. Plenty of U-tube videos.

TonyPrin

Threads
I suggest you try glue if you're so inclined. IMO, the glue will hold well if you add some electrical tape for added support. Look for silver electrically conductive wire paste glue, usually in a syringe.

skipper124

Threads
I already ordered a new one off ebay. They not that expensive. I was watching you tube and it does look pretty straight forward as long as I don't break the bolts off. They look rusty. Thanks for all the suggestions!