Wire Connections for SS 4225

Kenneth Hobson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rats ate two wire ends off. Where do the two wires connect for the coil wrapped wires that go from the back of the engine towards the front? The two ends are cut off by the battery.

Kenneth Hobson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the wiring diagram Rivets.

The wires are one white and one tan. The tan could be a light brown. They were both in the plastic coil wrap so they must have similar lengths.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is the wrong diagram. Must be for a different model. I’m unable to locate a diagram for model 74721. Can you take a pic of the chewed wires by the battery? I’ll keep looking.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
74721 Wiring.JPG

Kenneth Hobson

Forum Newbie
Threads
The first post shows the pic from a link due to file size limits. This link shows the coil wrap stripped. I laid the wires near a black and brown wire socket on another coil. I doubt that they go there as the colors don't match.

After I posted this I saw your two previous posts. Those locations makes sense from how it was acting before it stopped working, thanks! I will post back tomorrow with success hopefully...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
See if you can trace where they go using the schematic.

Kenneth Hobson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I messed with the brake actuator but the plug of wires at the connection looked ok. Some youtube videos helped me see how to manually disengage the electronic brakes so that I could move the mower.

I found the problem. The two wires cut are just below the left hand steering handle near the switch. The stub is so short that I may have to replace it. Thanks for your multiple replies which helped!

The other end to splice has maybe 2 inches clear so splicing those two ends is doable.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is there enough there to solder to. I’ve soldered a short splice in first, then attached it to the remaining wire.