Different inserts for different bolt sizes. Cause, I don't know, I installed them. I know it couldn't go anywhere, but it just didn't feel right to keep going to that well, might fall in.
I hope this helps. I have taken several pictures of the blade, and the shaft. The blade cane with both conical washers as well as a 2 inch dia. washer that I intended to use to give the most surface area coverage over the blade.
Well thats fantastic. I didnt know those adapters existed. Would gazties be the best place to snag one? And if Im replacing the v-belt, is it likely that the craftsman is sized proprietary? Or would it be available from other manufacturers/vendors? (Sorry for the newb-style questions, but, well, I'm a newb. :smile: And thanks to everyone thusfar for all the input. Its much appreciated.
Yes, you can order online and here is the link, Gatzies .You can also give them a call at 1-781-620-1942. Take your old v-belt to any NAPA Auto parts store and they should have an equivalent belt.