Will these Toro blades inter-change?

Blaine B.

Threads
Can you please take a picture of the blade on your 20333?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll have to do that later its under a bunch of crap. I just reached in and felt it. When I get back home hopefully before dark ill dig it out :)

Blaine B.

Threads
Ok. I just googled Toro 20333 and found a video of a 20333 on YouTube. It has a Tecumseh engine and does not have the ready start engine switch, nor blade clutch. So I wonder if they are all the same?

This 20333 has the blade clutch, the ready start on/off switch, and 6.5 B&S engine.

Blaine B.

Threads
As Exotion pointed out, the 20333 does have a curved plate. I checked Toro.com's Parts (similar to ereplacementparts.com) and it clearly shows that this mower has the aluminum blade support that is curved (how could I have forgot!)

The 20333 uses 2 studs with nuts to secure the blade, versus the 20073 which uses one bolt.

Either way, Toro.com's parts section calls for the same blade for both mowers! I guess it is possible that I was WRONG and that both mowers do infact use the same blade! I will take photos this weekend when I go to check out my Father's mower, to solve this dilemma once and for all.

Blaine B.

Threads
Both mowers use the same "Atomic" blade. The blade has 3 holes to accommodate the single or two bolt blade retaining systems on different models.

Are there any other aftermarket blades that are better for mulching that have been used with favorable results? Has anyone used a different blade?

Mike88se

Threads
Sure. I bought a Gator blade from Oregon. I didn't notice any particular difference. I even put a stiffener w/ wings from one of my 22040 mowers on a recycler.

Blaine B.

Threads
I guess my best bet is to stick with an OEM blade, then. Just ordered a new Atomic blade to start fresh for next season. Mine was pretty worn, sharpened a lot, and apparently has hit a lot of things. Still on the original blade from 2007. It looks quite a bit.....different!

Mike88se

Threads
I guess my best bet is to stick with an OEM blade, then. Just ordered a new Atomic blade to start fresh for next season. Mine was pretty worn, sharpened a lot, and apparently has hit a lot of things. Still on the original blade from 2007. It looks quite a bit.....different!

Blades are relatively cheap so feel free to experiment. You may have different grass than I cut and your mower might respond better to a gator blade. Most people love their gator blades.

Blaine B.

Threads
I suppose so. Looks like I will be sticking with the Atomic blade based on my order.