Will the landscaping companies undertake lawn aeration?

robertagale

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Will the landscaping companies undertake lawn aeration?
Hey!!

I've come to live with my grandparents in Ontario they've a beautiful property. Before, it used to be luscious and green all around, but now it looks all dried up and brown. As I've no clue about gardening or landscaping, our neighbors told us this is happening because the lawn and the soil under it needs to breathe. They said that we should be providing much-needed lawn aeration for the grass. They gave details of landscaping companies who'll do this job efficiently. But I would like to get more suggestions and ideas from you guys too.
Cheers!!

Mower King

Threads
Hey!!

I've come to live with my grandparents in Ontario they've a beautiful property. Before, it used to be luscious and green all around, but now it looks all dried up and brown. As I've no clue about gardening or landscaping, our neighbors told us this is happening because the lawn and the soil under it needs to breathe. They said that we should be providing much-needed lawn aeration for the grass. They gave details of landscaping companies who'll do this job efficiently. But I would like to get more suggestions and ideas from you guys too.
Cheers!!
I'd say a lawn service in that area should have a good idea of what it takes. I'm here in the center of the USA and here, rain / water is the most important thing for a green lawn.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tis a little more complicated than just popping holes in the ground.
The ground may be sandy & become water repellant so needs clay and wetting agent.
Get a lawn care company down to make an assesment.
We regenerated a paddock by spreading charcoal over it then slitting it in & over seeding with mustard and turning this in as a green manure