Will spread grass blades over grass helps lawn or just bagging them is good?

Basit

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Will spread grass blades over grass helps lawn or just bagging them is good?
Will spread grass blades over grass helps lawn or just bagging them is good?

Bertrrr

Threads
  • / Will spread grass blades over grass helps lawn or just bagging them is good?
Depends on how thick the cut grass is , real thick will cause dead spots where it sits or lays. thinner stuff just sorta goes away and doesn't really hurt anything , I only rake and gather mine when it's really thick.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It really depends on the grass that you’re cutting. The height of the grass. The percentage of grass blade that you are removing. It’s probably best to check with your county extension agent.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
It really depends on the grass that you’re cutting. The height of the grass. The percentage of grass blade that you are removing. It’s probably best to check with your county extension agent.
Bagging is for the birds. Open up the exit chute at 45 degree angle (unless cars, children, or glass windows are close), and let the grass fly. The cut grass is good and recycles into the lawn.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bagging is for the birds. Open up the exit chute at 45 degree angle (unless cars, children, or glass windows are close), and let the grass fly. The cut grass is good and recycles into the lawn.
That’s how I do it.

Basit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all for the kind replies, it is best to use mulching blades instead of bagging for the task of spreading it over lawn soil. Also, the height of the grass matters, I got that point.

Basit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah but this type of mowing should be done after insertion of mulching blades, not with regular blades. Right?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah but this type of mowing should be done after insertion of mulching blades, not with regular blades. Right?
I don’t use mulching (Gator style) blades until the leaves start falling and the grass starts going into dormancy. I use high lift or standard lift blades and side discharge the clippings.
Mulching blades (Gator style) make a mess when mowing any grass with high moisture content.
Wavy style (conventional) mulching blades are designed to be used with mulching baffles that are fitted into the deck. They make a mess in tall moisture laden grass.

Basit

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don’t use mulching (Gator style) blades until the leaves start falling and the grass starts going into dormancy. I use high lift or standard lift blades and side discharge the clippings.
Mulching blades (Gator style) make a mess when mowing any grass with high moisture content.
Wavy style (conventional) mulching blades are designed to be used with mulching baffles that are fitted into the deck. They make a mess in tall moisture laden grass.
Yeah I also come across such situation as mulching on moisure also cause clogging under the deck.

MarineBob

Threads
I am not a professional lawn care guy but here is my observation. I have a 3/4 acre yard, not a manicured lawn, I do not water, never attempt to make a showplace lawn. But as far as bagging etc, never. I smile when I see the tons of bagged cuttings going into trucks. I agree if its thick, you can't just leave clumps, otherwise leave it to compost its way back in. I worked on a golf course for many years in high school and college and the greens keeper was good, only grass we ever picked up was on the well manicured greens. But we never let the grass get too long so clippings were not too think. The last couple of years I have seen several lawn guys do the routine: Mow, whack, blow, over and over. And now the routine includes blowing lawns after the mow that includes bagging. I don't understand why they blow the lawns where there is nothing to blow but I assume the idea is simply to spend a few more minutes creating noise and charging the homeowner a few bucks more for a waste of time job. I can only imagine the landscaper tells unknowing homeowners its like blow drying your hair and fluffing after the mow job. Just don't let the grass get too long, don't mow when its wet if you can help it, and let if lay