Will only run with the choke on all the way.

Viton tip float needle can look great, but it will swell and shut off the fuel to early, producing a lean fuel mixture that adjustments will not solve.
 
Viton tip float needle can look great, but it will swell and shut off the fuel to early, producing a lean fuel mixture that adjustments will not solve.

I am sure that there is a reason that they are called "adjustment" screws......
 
By the way "Lawnpro", is a viton tip needle the one with the rubber tip? If so, yes, mine has that type. Ok, here is what I just did. I started it up and noticed that it would not throttle down. The governor lever assembly was mounted wrong and was not letting the throttle idle. I removed it and installed it properly then started it up and was able to push the choke off completely and it kept running at idle just fine, however, as I push the throttle up, it will increase to what I am guessing is about half throttle and then it dies. When it dies, the carb sounds like something just opened up and air is either being sucked in or out of the carb? I adjusted both screws out (ccw) a half turn at a time until they were both out 5 turns. No improvement. Then I went back to the 1.5 turn baseline and did the same thing but leaning it out (cw) and still no change till I got to only a half turn out and it died. Seems like the only option left is to put all new parts in when I receive the carb kit. What do you guys think?
 
Error


Just take out number #117 first, and clean out the hole real good with a piece of wire and install.....

It is easy to do and free to try......
 
Back
Top