Wide mower with multiple blades not cutting properly

Have you verified this has a good deck drive belt tension and it is the correct belt? A wrong belt will sit too deep in the pulley grooves and slip especially when under load and cutting. I have seen many belts slip before and never make any noise.
Whats the best way to test the tension?
Ive read thst the multi blade system was only used to a few years because it’s so crap. Apparently it needs to be run at high RPM at slow ground speed which is just wasting fuel. I have ordered the spindle attachment previously mentioned and I’ll see how that goes with a single blade. But yes, correct about tension is also important.
 
Whats the best way to test the tension?
Ive read thst the multi blade system was only used to a few years because it’s so crap. Apparently it needs to be run at high RPM at slow ground speed which is just wasting fuel. I have ordered the spindle attachment previously mentioned and I’ll see how that goes with a single blade. But yes, correct about tension is also important.
Check the belt tension by pressing on the belt with your fingers at the longest point in between spindles. Unfortunately, without experience, it is difficult to determine good belt tension.
 
Back
Top