why is it (dandelions)

hunting404

Threads
Is there anything you can use to get rid of those pesky lions that is not all chemicals? ( scotts weed and feed) I have heard that Malorganite will do this, but it will also kill plants if you get it on them.

HAGD

Jim

RockHound

Threads
If I were to get rid of the weeds, I would have no lawn. :laughing: Seriously though, I don't treat, I just let everything do it's own thing and mow what comes up. In my opinion (out in the country) if it's green, it belongs in a lawn. :laughing:

Zeroturn

Threads
I agree, I love to see them in the fields from a distance, they are really pretty. Same thing as buttercups and Wild Phlox. I don't want them in my yard either.

ReggieDeere

Threads
Weeds grow faster then grass unfortunately. You should go around and spray them with Ortho or Rodeo. Or spend all your time picking them. Just don't blow them because that's how they spread their seeds.

Why is it that right after you mow, the grass looks great and the next day all these dandelions pop back up again? It's like they completely avoid the mower.

monica123

Threads
I guess there could be worse things in my lawn, or I could have no lawn at all. I'm just grateful that we finally are able to grow a lawn, for years the best we could do is spotty patches.

JimmyWeb

Threads
Depending on how big of a yard you have, I'd have to agree. I do like taking care of my front yard though. I am planning on keeping my front yard perfect, the back is just too large to worry about though.:smile:

If I were to get rid of the weeds, I would have no lawn. :laughing: Seriously though, I don't treat, I just let everything do it's own thing and mow what comes up. In my opinion (out in the country) if it's green, it belongs in a lawn. :laughing: