why am I not getting more clients?

if I take the time to look at a flier, I'm expecting to find bargain price. If I take the time to look at a brochure, I'm expecting to find a valuable service.

also agree with this... If it is worth advertising... It better be SPECIAL... not the normal...
Have something special ... special introductory price, special no charge extra service... have SOMETHING special about your advertising flier... once you get the call for the job, do a great job and have an invoice ready with what you did, include the regular price AND the intro discount price... along with all your contact info on your bill...
If you can include a simple logo do it, and keep it the same... Try to be recognizable & memorable.... Enjoy SLOW expansion... If you do it slowly you will be able to grow & enjoy what your doing... :smile:KennyV
 
Seriously though, if I take the time to look at a flier, I'm expecting to find bargain price. If I take the time to look at a brochure, I'm expecting to find a valuable service.

I should clarify because my post wasn't very clear. I was making the distinction between a flier and a brochure. Fliers are typically DIY handouts I find in my door, under my windscreen wipers, in my mailbox. Brochures are professional glossy mailers.

The key point I was trying to make is that when I get a "flier", I'm expecting a bargain. So if you are using fliers, you will want to keep prices low. That's just my opinion. And someone else said to keep it simple - good advice for a flier.

If you use glossy brochures, then you can differentiate yourself with some kind of valuable service that people will pay more for.
 
when I get a "flier", I'm expecting a bargain. So if you are using fliers, you will want to keep prices low. That's just my opinion. And someone else said to keep it simple - good advice for a flier.

I think most everyone looks for something 'special' in any print advertising... if it's the same as anytime or anyone else.... there is not much need to look too close at it... & your right... it usually gets tossed.. :smile:KennyV
 
I feel your pain! With over 30 years commercial mowing under my belt, I STILL have issues getting new work. One quick thing I have learned from an advertising friend of mine may help. He said something to me so basic, I was shocked. He said most contractors never tell their EXISTING customers that they need more customers! Your happy customers are your best advertising. Just make sure you let your customers know you will always have time for them. Some customers feel if you get too big you won't have time for them anymore. Hope this helps.
 
Patience it takes time to build a good customer list.I started a lawn care business when I was 18 and have been doing it for 24 years. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. Also doing good work looking neat and clean when you look at a job. Dress like a pro a lot of people don't like the shorts and no shirt look. A nice clean truck and mowers also make a difference most people think if you look like a slob and your truck is filthy you will do a poor job. In my first couple years I spent a lot of time passing out cards. I put them on bulletin boards in stores and any other place that had a bulletin board. I went to the local malls and shopping centers put cards on the cars in the parking lot. Also I went door to door if I was cutting a lawn and someone close had high grass I would stop and give them a card. 99 percent of the time I got a job when I done that. Being able to talk to the customers is very important make them think they are the most important person in the world.the customer is always right even if they are the biggest pain in the rump you ever met they are right. Because if you treat them bad word will spread like wildfire.
 
nicely written lawnpro 1969,lots of truth in what you say.remember to use caution when putting cards/flyers on parked cars . check with local ordinance, see if it's ok to do it.
 
LandN said:
nicely written lawnpro 1969,lots of truth in what you say.remember to use caution when putting cards/flyers on parked cars . check with local ordinance, see if it's ok to do it.

Thank you for the compliment and the advise. I haven't put cards on cars for many years. When I done that was in 1987 back then it was legal now I'm not sure

Sent from my iPad using LMF
 
Another great marketing strategy is to go online and put up a professionally designed lawn care services website. You can provide information on price ranges and also offer lawn care advice and tips through your site. If your site is designed well and has good content, you can establish yourselves as a reliable authority for lawn care services. As most people want to deal with such professional agencies, you will get lots of work on the basis of your site.
 
Back
Top