Export thread

Who's ready for spring?

X-man

X-man

I sure am. This winter has been an ultimate fail.:thumbdown:

wjjones

wjjones

I know I am ready for spring but ask me again in August when its hot, and I will most likly say I am ready for winter.:laughing: I am ready to get everything fired up though to mow, get a garden out, and warm up for a change.

okiepc

okiepc

Spring isn't too far away here, yesterday was 78 degrees though today is only 54 with a strong north wind but things are beginning to green up slowly. :thumbsup: All the oil is changed & the blades sharpened.

X-man

X-man

I changed the oil in my tractor when I winterized it in December (my last yard was mowed Dec. 3 :laughing: )

But recently one of my tires went flat and popped off the rim so I need to get that fixed before I pull it out of storage in April.

mowerman1999

mowerman1999

I am ready been fixing my mowers all through the winter, just waiting now till its time to start cutting.

Carscw

Carscw

Spring needs to wait just a little bit longer. I am already 3 days behind. The fescue is growing like crazy and the Bermuda has been turning green for a few weeks now.

Was trying to get 12 done today and the rain came. And we won't even talk about all the wild onions

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I am ready for spring, but today we are supposed to get some snow, maybe 4-8 inches, so I am happy with that, too! :licking: The most we've had in one storm this winter was 3.5 inches! :confused2:

Bomba

Bomba

I know it's gonna get hot here in Georgia but I am soooo sick of the cold garage when working on my mowers and equipment. I love Springtime and being outside in it. It's nice to being out there on the mower in the sunshine when most of the other yard work is done and you are closer to drinking a cold one.

BHLC

BHLC

We're pushing 42 deg today up here but we also have 3"+ of snow coming tonight. If there's snow I'm good, if not, bring on the spring!!

Carscw

Carscw

I know it's gonna get hot here in Georgia but I am soooo sick of the cold garage when working on my mowers and equipment. I love Springtime and being outside in it. It's nice to being out there on the mower in the sunshine when most of the other yard work is done and you are closer to drinking a cold one.

I can not wait for it to be hot. Just drove up to ellijay ga to do some HUD homes and the ground is covered with snow

Bomba

Bomba

I can not wait for it to be hot. Just drove up to ellijay ga to do some HUD homes and the ground is covered with snow

Just thinking about that makes me shiver! What is the most common type of grass herein Georgia?

Carscw

Carscw

Just thinking about that makes me shiver! What is the most common type of grass herein Georgia?

Bermuda is the most common farmers call it a weed. Then would come fescue both make good lawns and hay.

Bomba

Bomba

Bermuda is the most common farmers call it a weed. Then would come fescue both make good lawns and hay.

Thanks CARSCW. Now I can research them and find out which type I have in my yard. Wish I could get rid of those hickory nuts and shells!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Wish I could get rid of those hickory nuts and shells!

Did you try looking in this thread for a solution? http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/lawn-care-landscaping/12065-i-like-most-trees.html

Carscw

Carscw

Thanks CARSCW. Now I can research them and find out which type I have in my yard. Wish I could get rid of those hickory nuts and shells!

Can you post a couple pics?
Is your grass green now or brown? If green than its fescue or weeds

Bomba

Bomba

I'll take some pics today and put them on here. Mostly green, some brown.

Bomba

Bomba

image-1779210724.jpg

This was taken 3 weeks ago

Carscw

Carscw

I am going to say it is fescue as its green this time of year

Bomba

Bomba

I am going to say it is fescue as its green this time of year

Thanks CARS. I don't have a close-up of it.

X-man

X-man

Here in Michigan its starting to warm up some. These past few days its been upper 30's - mid 40's

In about 2 weeks I'm probably going to fire up my equipment, get them prepared for the mowing season.

X-man

X-man

Temperatures BARELY rising. I am so sick of this crap :thumbdown:

Bomba

Bomba

Temperatures BARELY rising. I am so sick of this crap :thumbdown:

I've already had to mow once here in north Georgia. I'd have mowed today if it wasn't raining.

X-man

X-man

I've already had to mow once here in north Georgia. I'd have mowed today if it wasn't raining.

Dang man.:eek: Bring some of that weather up here!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yeah seriously! :licking:

Bomba

Bomba

Haha! Yeah last week it was 70 degrees here. Also we have had lots of rain. I guess that coupled with the sunshine.

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

I like winter, and snow and all, but even I'll say this cold weather is getting old. At least we've had a few days of sunshine, and temps touching the 40s, but way behind normal for this time of year.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I like winter, and snow and all, but even I'll say this cold weather is getting old. At least we've had a few days of sunshine, and temps touching the 40s, but way behind normal for this time of year.

Yeah I agree! I know last year was unusually warm here (with days that got up into the 70's in March), but this winter is just too cold. I am not asking for 70 degree weather (just yet), even though that would be nice, just maybe 50-60 degree weather, sun, and no wind. All of this month has been cloudy and windy! :frown:

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

woke up this morning to 30° and a dusting of snow.:thumbdown:Enough already!

djdicetn

djdicetn

Just like user Bomba in Georgia, we've had some 60's and 70's spells already here in Middle Tennessee. But about the only thing that had been growing so far was the wild onions!!! So we had the same rainy, low 50's weekend and I spent it in the garage getting the ZTR and String Trimmer ready for the season. Actually had some snow flurries last night!! Now, the grass has grown overnight from the weekend rain, but the forecast is off-and-on rain all week, low 50's all the way through next weekend. Go figure........now I'm ready & rarin' to go and the weather has turned back to late Winter/early Spring:0(

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

We got 2 inches of snow today, but it didn't stick to the roads or driveways much at all, just the grass, so it was useless. If it is going to snow 2 inches...I should at least be able to snowblow! :rolleyes:

Bomba

Bomba

Yes, DJDICE. This weather is teasing us where we live! It has gotten cold again and the forecast is for rain this weekend. For us in GA/TN is been a long cold and wet winter by our standards.

Carscw

Carscw

Yes, DJDICE. This weather is teasing us where we live! It has gotten cold again and the forecast is for rain this weekend. For us in GA/TN is been a long cold and wet winter by our standards.

I am ready for the heat was working in Calhoun GA yesterday. Snow flurries on and off all day.
Been crazy thus year tornados one day snow the next.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Bomba

Bomba

I am ready for the heat was working in Calhoun GA yesterday. Snow flurries on and off all day.
Been crazy thus year tornados one day snow the next.

I'm close by. Near Dalton. Yes, the weather has been crazy here. Were you landscaping in that weather yesterday?

midnite rider

midnite rider

Yes, the weather has been crazy here.

According to the news the Artic sea ice has melted 80% recently which is more than all of recorded history. This has caused the gulf stream to shift disrupting weather patterns across North America and Europe.

March 27 News: Melting Arctic Sea Ice Drives Extreme Weather, U.S Military Planning

Carscw

Carscw

I'm close by. Near Dalton. Yes, the weather has been crazy here. Were you landscaping in that weather yesterday?

Yes we was cutting HUD homes. I have about 20 yards in dalton. Had 16 to do yesterday only got 13 done so makes for a easy day today.

Bomba

Bomba

Yes we was cutting HUD homes. I have about 20 yards in dalton. Had 16 to do yesterday only got 13 done so makes for a easy day today.

Oh ok. What does HUD mean?

djdicetn

djdicetn

According to the news the Artic sea ice has melted 80% recently which is more than all of recorded history. This has caused the gulf stream to shift disrupting weather patterns across North America and Europe.

March 27 News: Melting Arctic Sea Ice Drives Extreme Weather, U.S Military Planning

midnite rider,
Is that an Al Gore website?????:0)
Al may be a TN native, but I'm not sold on his Chicken Little/Sky Is Falling climate change theories. Of course if you watch enough movies(Day After Tommorrow, Perfect Storm, Water World) you may more easily believe "global warming" and other world-wide climate change theories. Then again, you might be convinced that Zombies are real too:0)
I am much more prone to believe:
1)God is in control.
2)Jesus WILL return.
3)It'll be fire next time....NOT water.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Oh ok. What does HUD mean?

Bomba,
United States Department of Housing and Urban Development(Government agency that oversees home mortgage lending practices and homes that mortgages are defaulted on).

Carscw

Carscw

When the bank takes your house and can not resell it after 6 month or so they give it to the government so they can write it off as a loss.

There is more to it than this but that's the easy way to explain it.

midnite rider

midnite rider

midnite rider,
Is that an Al Gore website?????:0)
Al may be a TN native, but I'm not sold on his Chicken Little/Sky Is Falling climate change theories. Of course if you watch enough movies(Day After Tommorrow, Perfect Storm, Water World) you may more easily believe "global warming" and other world-wide climate change theories. Then again, you might be convinced that Zombies are real too:0)
I am much more prone to believe:
1)God is in control.
2)Jesus WILL return.
3)It'll be fire next time....NOT water.

Hi djdicetn,
Actually i never told my beliefs or said I was convinced of anything. Just pointing out the news whatever source it may be from mainstream to whoever. Glad to hear your beliefs/views though.

Bomba

Bomba

Bomba,
United States Department of Housing and Urban Development(Government agency that oversees home mortgage lending practices and homes that mortgages are defaulted on).

Thank you DJ. I am an Irishman living in Georgia. Forgive my ignorance.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Thank you DJ. I am an Irishman living in Georgia. Forgive my ignorance.

Bomba,
Not a problem....welcome to the Good Ole USA!!! I have a sister who lives in White, GA and works in Cartersville. BTW, "lack of knowledge" and "ignorance" are two completely different things:0)
Based upon your posts I've read...you are far from "ignorant"!!

Bomba

Bomba

Bomba,
Not a problem....welcome to the Good Ole USA!!! I have a sister who lives in White, GA and works in Cartersville. BTW, "lack of knowledge" and "ignorance" are two completely different things:0)
Based upon your posts I've read...you are far from "ignorant"!!

Ha! You are a well spoken gentleman yourself. Thanks for making me feel at home. I've been here for 6.5 years and I married a good ole southern gal! Oh yes I know Cartersville and White, I pass them on the way to Atlanta from here.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Ha! You are a well spoken gentleman yourself. Thanks for making me feel at home. I've been here for 6.5 years and I married a good ole southern gal! Oh yes I know Cartersville and White, I pass them on the way to Atlanta from here.

Yeah, those Southern Belles are hard to resist...I married one 33 years ago!! We are retiring the end of this year and I've always been fascinated with Ireland and would love to visit there(if we can afford a trip like that). I'd also like to visit Europe and Australia as well, but our first priority will be to camp in our RV in every State in the contiguous U.S.(we've only camped in 7 thus far, so that'll be a huge undertaking). Do you ever visit the "homeland"?? What would you estimate a round trip, a week of lodging and some spending money to enjoy a week's visit to be($2,000....$3,000.....etc.)?

Bomba

Bomba

Yeah, those Southern Belles are hard to resist...I married one 33 years ago!! We are retiring the end of this year and I've always been fascinated with Ireland and would love to visit there(if we can afford a trip like that). I'd also like to visit Europe and Australia as well, but our first priority will be to camp in our RV in every State in the contiguous U.S.(we've only camped in 7 thus far, so that'll be a huge undertaking). Do you ever visit the "homeland"?? What would you estimate a round trip, a week of lodging and some spending money to enjoy a week's visit to be($2,000....$3,000.....etc.)?

Companies offer packages including all of the above in one price which often work out cheaper than just the flight. I'm thinking $4000 for everything. Sometimes it's cheaper to go for more than a week. I'm going to the old country in July. I go back once every two years. I love it. It's a mystical and beautiful island. There's something in the air and in the people. I would love to travel around this country in an RV!

Bomba

Bomba

Companies offer packages including all of the above in one price which often work out cheaper than just the flight. I'm thinking $4000 for everything. Sometimes it's cheaper to go for more than a week. I'm going to the old country in July. I go back once every two years. I love it. It's a mystical and beautiful island. There's something in the air and in the people. I would love to travel around this country in an RV!

That is $4000 for both of you.

djdicetn

djdicetn

That is $4000 for both of you.

That ain't really that bad!!!! When our son was a Senior in High School(1999) we did one of those "all inclusive" week-long trips to Aruba. It was about half that much for the three of us. I'll have to check with some of the area travel agencies to see if any of them have some decent packages to Ireland!! We also want to do an Alaskan Cruise, but the cruise lines won't allow me on board with my Segway(Electric "Zero Turn" Human Transporter). I'm a Polio survivor and suffer from Post-Polio Syndrome where I can only walk about two city blocks before severe muscle fatigue sets in on what used to be the "strong leg"(the one with the leg muscle unaffected by Polio). It has carried double the load and done double the work for over 60 years and the muscle system in it is like 120 years old. My wife bought me the Segway in 2004 and it has "changed my life"!!! I can stand on it and "glide for miles" without suffering any muscle fatigue. At least Obama FINALLY approved the revisions to the Americans With Disabilities Act that now specifically recognizes the Segway as a "mobility assistive device". I am ready to go head-to-head with the cruise lines now, because the law is on my side!! I would NOT enjoy a cruise(those ships are like a small city) if I had to leave my Segway at the dock.....that ain't gonna happen!!

Bomba

Bomba

That ain't really that bad!!!! When our son was a Senior in High School(1999) we did one of those "all inclusive" week-long trips to Aruba. It was about half that much for the three of us. I'll have to check with some of the area travel agencies to see if any of them have some decent packages to Ireland!! We also want to do an Alaskan Cruise, but the cruise lines won't allow me on board with my Segway(Electric "Zero Turn" Human Transporter). I'm a Polio survivor and suffer from Post-Polio Syndrome where I can only walk about two city blocks before severe muscle fatigue sets in on what used to be the "strong leg"(the one with the leg muscle unaffected by Polio). It has carried double the load and done double the work for over 60 years and the muscle system in it is like 120 years old. My wife bought me the Segway in 2004 and it has "changed my life"!!! I can stand on it and "glide for miles" without suffering any muscle fatigue. At least Obama FINALLY approved the revisions to the Americans With Disabilities Act that now specifically recognizes the Segway as a "mobility assistive device". I am ready to go head-to-head with the cruise lines now, because the law is on my side!! I would NOT enjoy a cruise(those ships are like a small city) if I had to leave my Segway at the dock.....that ain't gonna happen!!

As long as that Segway can get you to a pub and onto an Irish bar stool you'll be in one of the best atmospheres on this earth. One of my friends on Ireland had polio.

djdicetn

djdicetn

As long as that Segway can get you to a pub and onto an Irish bar stool you'll be in one of the best atmospheres on this earth. One of my friends on Ireland had polio.

Bomba,
Mmmmmmm, a real Irish Pub!!!! I can just taste the authentic Corned Beef Brisket & Cabbage washed down with some good ale:0)
They have some "imitation" Irish Pubs around the SouthEast, but I doubt they are anything like the real thing.

Bomba

Bomba

Bomba,
Mmmmmmm, a real Irish Pub!!!! I can just taste the authentic Corned Beef Brisket & Cabbage washed down with some good ale:0)
They have some "imitation" Irish Pubs around the SouthEast, but I doubt they are anything like the real thing.

Yes, it tastes pretty great! I'm from Tipperary, so I'm a southern boy too lol! We talk funny like y'all. We also have our version of rednecks.