Who Wears A Surgical Mask When Mowing?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wear glasses and sunglasses but somehow something got past last Wed and scratched the hell out of my eyeball. Its almost healed already (didn't go to the doc) but for 2 days that eye was no use at all and hurt like hell. I'd hate for that to happen again. Felt like the time I got PB Blaster in it. I don't worry too much about my ears unless I'm using the grinder. Too many years playing drums and having Marshall stacks and huge bass rigs blasting into my ears to worry now. I can hear fine except for some high tones that are masked out by a permanent ringing in my ears.
I've been to enough drag and circle track races to know why you use cotton. They sell some great ear plugs now that block most of the damage causing noise but still let you hear well enough. You an find them at musical instrument stores or online. I'm going to get some of those. We use to break off the filter from cigarettes and stuff them in our ears at gigs. Worked pretty well but looked silly ;)

Snow in OK :O Last winter? I dunno what the black stuff could be unless you have a coal plant nearby. We have coal fired power plants. Stupid to burn coal to make electricity if you ask me. Pollution isn't bad enough even here in Houston to cause that. Down around Pasadena/Deer Park and in the petro complex between the Ship Channel and the coast you don't see much pollution but you can sure smell it. I had a lot of cousins grew up in that area. It's sad how many died from cancer.
I have 4 lawns I need to do today if I can see well enough. If I get em done you can bet I'll be wearing goggles... and those surgical masks if I can find some nearby.
That black stuff is car exhaust without a doubt. Snow in OK? I could tell you some snow stories you'd find difficult to believe.

I be ordering some 3M 8511 masks as soon as I determine how many hoops amazon wants me to jump through and I don't jump well at all anymore.

Ear plugs - DeciDamp all the way. So comfortable I forget they be in and my wife raises her voice and says " you could hear me if you take those yellow things out of your ears. "

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
$15 on eBay
image-1401042614.jpg

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I would never wear a surgical mask makes it hard to drink my water and plus I have worn a surgical mask and I hate the plastic-y smell.

All I wear is my hat, hearing protection, and sunglasses-- and clothes of course!

Mike88se

Threads
Yep, I ordered a box. Didn't feel like messing with wallyworld when I can get them in my mailbox for the same price on ebay... w/o taxes :thumbsup:
Don't want to hi-jack just thought this was an intresting statement.
Burning one very polluting fuel source to make another fuel source does seem stupid to me. I'm not a dedicated environment crusader... I drive a truck, a Cobra, and use a bunch of small small engines that all contribute to pollution so I'd be a hypocrite to complain. Still seems like a stupid thing to do that just makes pollution worse than it needs to be. But yeah we don't want to jack this thread so lets let that be.

edd

Threads
i ordered a mask called WOLFSNOUT and you can wear it without fogging up sunglasses......what it was designed for

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Yep, I ordered a box. Didn't feel like messing with wallyworld when I can get them in my mailbox for the same price on ebay... w/o taxes :thumbsup:

Burning one very polluting fuel source to make another fuel source does seem stupid to me. I'm not a dedicated environment crusader... I drive a truck, a Cobra, and use a bunch of small small engines that all contribute to pollution so I'd be a hypocrite to complain. Still seems like a stupid thing to do that just makes pollution worse than it needs to be. But yeah we don't want to jack this thread so lets let that be.

Wallyworld is low quality too

Mike88se

Threads
Got mine today... damn quick shipping. So... they are comfortable compared to the painters masks.