WHO USES A SNOW BLOWER ON THE FRONT OF THEIR MOWER?

Maybe you post pictures of you blower/thrower. How did things work out, is everything OK?

every thing is running well,. so far, today I modded a 48 " blade to attach to the blower hook up, so I wont have to change the mounting on the tractor now I have to weld braces to make it solid,. I hooked up the elec. lift for the blower, to the blade, works perfect,. so now my tractor is a Mower, a snow blower and a snow plow,.
 
every thing is running well,. so far, today I modded a 48 " blade to attach to the blower hook up, so I wont have to change the mounting on the tractor now I have to weld braces to make it solid,. I hooked up the elec. lift for the blower, to the blade, works perfect,. so now my tractor is a Mower, a snow blower and a snow plow,.

Any difference between the Berco 44" and 48" noreaster? the difference in my lowes is 48' $37 more.. I have a 27 hp Kohler DGS 6500 Craftsman..
 
I had a 72" one on the front of my truck years ago. It was powered by a 4 cyl Kohler. If I recall it was originally a 45 HP but I redid it to 60 HP. Man that sucker would move any kind of snow.

Does that count? Just sayin. They are out there. LOL

Jersey snow hasn't been what it used to be so I sold it to a guy in South Dakota about 10 years ago
 
I know , but to clean my residential drive way 150 foot from the street is painstraking 3 to 4 hours with heavy wet snow..a 32 inch craftsman 9hp.. I have an old tractor, I was thinking I can probably clean the drive way in 30 min or less.
 
I have a 42" MTD attachment on a Troybilt Bronco riding mower. It's great on straight driveways and sidewalks but not as nimble or usable in corners and bends. I ended up getting a second electric single stage for these areas. My drive way is about 80', 18' - 25' wide, the sidewalk 132' long by 4' wide, not really big enough an area to justify the attachment. So looking back, I may be better off just having a mid-size, two-stage walk behind. I got the attachment for less than $300, so not too bad money-wise.
 
Last edited:
I have a 42" MTD attachment on a Troybilt Bronco riding mower. It's great on straight driveways and sidewalks but not as nimble or usable in corners and bends. I ended up getting a second electric single stage for these areas. My drive way is about 80', 18' - 25' wide, the sidewalk 132' long by 4' wide, not really big enough an area to justify the attachment. So looking back, I may be better off just having a mid-size, two-stage walk behind. I got the attachment for less than $300, so not too bad money-wise.

Because our Jersey snow tends to be so wet many times, I have a single stage Toro and a 12 YRO 30" 2 stage Toro. This is my third single stage, I just bought a new Toro 721. The frame rotted out on the last Toro of 12 years. It will handle most of the slush better then the 2 stage. I don't have the real estate you have, but the neighbors and I share when it snows. So the machines work regardless.

I'm getting off topic
 
every thing is running well,. so far, today I modded a 48 " blade to attach to the blower hook up, so I wont have to change the mounting on the tractor now I have to weld braces to make it solid,. I hooked up the elec. lift for the blower, to the blade, works perfect,. so now my tractor is a Mower, a snow blower and a snow plow,.


Glad to hear its running well. Does all three, your getting your moneys worth.
 
Grasshopper 612  & Snowblower.jpgS185 Bobcat & Snowblower.jpg

I have used two Bolens tractor front mount blowers 32" with 120 lbs weight on the rear plus chains, worked well but took an acre to turn around. Next I went with a 42" blower on a Grasshopper zero turn that is very handy and also used the weights on it with chains also. I am presently using a 72" blower on the front of a S185 Bobcat that is the most handy and comfortable of them all. The two tractors were manual lift which was easy to lift and of course the Bobcat is hydraulic.
 
Back
Top