Who knows about new/antique reel mowers??

I agree it is more a matter of cutting height than anything else, reel mowers are great if you cut the grass very short. I keep my grass much taller, cut it down to 3.5 to 4 inches, let it grow up to 5 or 6 inches between cuttings so a rotary mower works better for me.

A reel mower for short lawns yields a super nice looking cut though.
 
I would love to find someone who knows where I can find a wood replacement handle for my Reel mower. I was left in an old barn and the handle rotted away. If you know of someone let me know, I like ash or hickory and the cross beam.
 
WELCOME to LMF...
Visit your local high school wood shop... they will be able to custom reproduce almost anything in wood & likely enjoy the process... BTW: post pictures of the results.. :smile:KennyV
 
Failing KennyV's great suggestion, a furniture repair business that has a lathe should be able to turn something suitable for you, especially if you've taken the time to buy the material and make a drawing of what you'd like.:smile:
 
Back
Top