White smoke on a turf tracer.

F.Clayton

Forum Newbie
Hi guys,

I'm having a little issue with my exmark turf tracer, I have a Kawasaki 17hp that is blowing a lot of white smoke, I was told that this could be water in the gas tank of hoses.

Do you guys think that this could also be the breather valve( reed valve )?

I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know. Can someone help?
 
White smoke is water getting into the cylinder(s) they're are liquid cooled yes, so apart from what you say, it could also be cylinder head gaskit.
 
I replace the spark plugs, air filter and fuel filter. I tried to start it after that and wouldn't start. So I opened the air filter and put a little of starter fluid, and tried again . Guess what? The machine started to leak gas, and the carburetor flooded with oil/gas,,,, it was a mess...
 
Do a pressure test on the cooling system.
and have a look at the oil in the engine, you may well find water/coolant in it..!
 
Back
Top