White 2055 drive shaft

johnorlandi

Active Member
Hi Guys
My son has an older White 2055 garden tractor that the drive shaft is starting to go, he has to lubricate it before using.
Question= can we rebuild the drive shaft?
If yes does anyone know the part numbers and where to buy them?
Thanks John O
 

GT-2055 (145-998-190) - White Outdoor Garden Tractor (1995)​


Well this one depends if you need the insert bearings (appears to be SA205-16 1" (CSA205-16) provide my cross reference is correct) or the universal joints. Those universal joint assemblies (NLA) are rebuildable if you can find someone that can spec out the actual universal cross. IE if they can rebuild them they would want to do it themselves, I know if they were brought into my shop I would insist on the disassembly and reassembly.
1765904205000.png
Locking collars not used.
 
Last edited:
Glad someone that handle the u joints as they do require some prior knowledge on how assembly them with dropping needle bearing and the equipment to replace them.

Even as many I have replaced a needle get dropped and you don't know until things are assembly which of course ruin the assembly.
 
Glad someone that handle the u joints as they do require some prior knowledge on how assembly them with dropping needle bearing and the equipment to replace them.

Even as many I have replaced a needle get dropped and you don't know until things are assembly which of course ruin the assembly.
Thanks for the reply, yes it might be better to take it to someone that knows what they are doing and it might get done right, I hope
 
Back
Top