Which spark plug? OLder Toro recycler mower

crazy charlie

Threads
Will get a pic and try to get a model # .I just bought an older rwd mower .Cast aluminum deck.Older style handle with 2 levers.Left is old style
choke lever and right side lever looks like 3 speed drive lever and a pull crossbar between the levers.Rear bagger with a difficult looking bag setup.
hope the description helps identify it.Starts on 1st or 2nd pull and seems to run and cut well.Spark plug is on left side of motor when operating.
Has a champ plug but I thought I was reading a plug number but it turned out to be a word like "energy" or similar,sorry I dont recall exact but I
want to replace it as it looked a bit on the white side .Also has a unique looking mulch blade which has 2 smaller blades coming off of the main blade.
Gonna need sharpening for sure.Also want to change oil which looks to be a pipe thread accessed from the bottom of the motor by the blade.Only
spent $50 but hope I bought a good one.?? Any comments are appreciated.Thanks Charlie

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Which engine do you have on it, Briggs, Tecumseh or Honda?

crazy charlie

Threads
I dont know.I assumed the plug placement might be a clue to one of the Toro pros.
I will check it out tomorrow.Thanks!! Charlie

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you post back be sure to include the units model and serial numbers.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
lots of the motors you have a fill tube for the oil, Tip that over into a catch pan. Hold the mower so the fill tube is the lowest corner. The old plug will have a number on it. That is really all you need to go get another one although you can look it up in the manual. Which you will need the model number for. Toro has all their manuals online if you know the mower number.

crazy charlie

Threads
lots of the motors you have a fill tube for the oil, Tip that over into a catch pan. Hold the mower so the fill tube is the lowest corner. The old plug will have a number on it. That is really all you need to go get another one although you can look it up in the manual. Which you will need the model number for. Toro has all their manuals online if you know the mower number.
Yep,thanks.I ask about the plug because I have purchased items over the years which have had the incorrect plug installed,
fortunately as I originally stated ,there is a pipe thread for oil drain on the bottom of the motor between the deck and the blade

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep,thanks.I ask about the plug because I have purchased items over the years which have had the incorrect plug installed,
fortunately as I originally stated ,there is a pipe thread for oil drain on the bottom of the motor between the deck and the blade
yep mine has it too but in 20 seconds I can tilt it over when hot and drain out all the oil. Tried the plug once and what a mess.

crazy charlie

Threads
yep mine has it too but in 20 seconds I can tilt it over when hot and drain out all the oil. Tried the plug once and what a mess.
So you find the tilt method to be more effective?? Wow glad I brought that up.I assumed drain plain was easiest and most effective.
I have a hangup with making sure every drop of dirty oil is out of my engines.I usually pour a quart of clean oil through my engines
after all oil is drained .Probably useless however it make me feel better and if I feel better for $4,thats a deal!! Charlie

crazy charlie

Threads
So the mower is a Super Pro Recycler II ,the plug currently is Champ 861ECO that I am looking to replace.Wow,pricey plug!! Guess I will look at a cross reference.The blades are a pretty cool looking design,gonna sharpen them.
Couldnt find any model or serial # tags.I will attach a few pics of the mower.The motor has "GTS 2 550" on pull cord cover.
I changed the oil through the oil change plug which was simple to do.Maybe no pic,it says upload is too large