Which one would you get?

definitely get a bagger with what ever type you get......but John Deeres are risky...they're very expensive for parts
 
Get a used lawn tractor. You will never find a new one for 600. Old ones are better quality anyway. Just look on craigslist. You'll find something.
 
Hey, Outdooz -- welcome to the forum.

I don't know about those two riders but I can recommend finding a two-stroke push mower (preferably a commercial-grade model) for places that a rider can't reach -- or smaller lawns. Lawn-Boy is the most common brand and they don't make the two-strokes any more so you have to find a used one.

Also, for things like trimmers and edgers, Stihl equipment is probably the best -- and they're built to last so buying used should be OK.

It's good that you have plenty of time to shop for the best deal since you don't need the mower right away.

Good luck with your business. I was doing the same thing at your age so this thread brings back memories. :thumbsup:
heres another Lawn boy nut:laughing:......... Lawn-Boy Brigade! - YouTube
 
I own a few lawn boys and love them, but I wouldn't go to that extreme as in that video. It made for a good laugh though.

IMO, stay away from the 'box store' JD. Just look at all the issues people are having with them over on the JD forum. If I were you, I'd find an older model. They were made much better, and if you're mechanically inclined, you can work on them yourself. Good luck!
 
Try to work out a deal on a zero turn. See if you can negotiate a decent price even if the cost is over 1000. Some folks are eager to help young people who are trying to build a business. Of course, some are not. Stop by a bank and talk to them. You would be suprised at what come up in your favor. Don't spend money on anything but a zero turn for speed and professonal cutting.
 
Back
Top