Which lawn mower should I get? About 1 acre, slightly bumpy, barren patches

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Which lawn mower should I get? About 1 acre, slightly bumpy, barren patches
I found a couple that might fit the bill. One is the Husqvarna YTH24V48, the other is a Cub Cadet XT1LT50. Again I can't speak for their real world reliability but they're both in your price range. Hope that helps.

Both are very good mowers for the money.
I feel the cub cadet gives a very good cut. The husqvarna also gives a good cut just not as nice as the cub.

The husky will do better in tall thick grass.

Out of these two mowers I would get the one that feels more comfortable.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
For that price range it wouldn't be a commercial mower, more like the bottom of the line mower. But with good maintenances you should get many years use out of it. You also said you have very rough mowing so don't be surprised if you will need some repairs through them years. You get what you pay for.

Snapperfreak

Threads
I had one more idea, just trying to think of something bigger than a 21" walk behind and still a commercial mower but in that price range...there's the exmark 30" commercial walk behind. Again I'm kinda speaking from the outside here - haven't used one but have read about them. It would be something to bridge the gap between a non-commercial rider and a smaller commercial walk behind mower. I believe they are around $1800. I have seen them being used and they do seem powerful, if you're not dead set on a rider maybe look that one up.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had one more idea, just trying to think of something bigger than a 21" walk behind and still a commercial mower but in that price range...there's the exmark 30" commercial walk behind. Again I'm kinda speaking from the outside here - haven't used one but have read about them. It would be something to bridge the gap between a non-commercial rider and a smaller commercial walk behind mower. I believe they are around $1800. I have seen them being used and they do seem powerful, if you're not dead set on a rider maybe look that one up.

The Exmark 30" is a good mower. Toro also makes the 30" Turf-Master mower which is a good mower. The TM price wise is about the same. I've used the Turf-Master for just over 3 years and never had issues. I paid $1699 for mine.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Toro Turfmaster 002.jpg
    Toro Turfmaster 002.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 41

oxonian

Threads
Hello friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for your replies.

I saw this Poulan Pro at a Sears Outlet for about $1700

Poulan Pro 54 in. 24 HP V-Twin Riding Mower
Model: 960420193

http://www.searsoutlet.com/d/product_details.jsp?

Just to remind all of you, I am looking to get either a riding mower or a ZTR to complement my tractor, which I will eventually get. The tractor will have a brush hog attachment, and I may get the finishing attachment as well.

However, I want either a zero turn or a riding mower for the smaller areas, tighter areas, where the tractor cannot navigate through, or it is not practical to use in.

I have seen some ZTRs in the 5k range, which is my upper limit, but then, I also saw this Poulan Pro riding mower at Sears Outlet.

Do you know anything about this brand/mower? Will it last for 5-10years will regular maintenance? Is it a good buy in your opinion?

Thank you so much, I appreciate your help.
Oxonian

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you friends, I appreciate your replies.

I will look into the rider option a bit, to see if I can get something that fits in my budget.

Do you know if I can get a rider for about $1500 to $2000?

What is a good entry level rider that you suggest?

Thank you!
Oxonian

For that price range buy your mower by what color you like the most. They are all built with about the same quality. We have a lot of Sears mowers around here and they seem as good as any other brand.