Export thread

WHICH BRAND OF ZERO-TURN MOWER WOULD YOU GET?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

If you had the money, what brand of ZTR mower would you get? Exmark? Scag? Toro? Hustler? Gravely? Ferris? Grasshopper? John Deere? Other?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Personally I would get an Exmark or a Scag....but I would probably go with an Exmark! :tongue:

S

ScagRider03

lawn mower fanatic said:
Personally I would get an Exmark or a Scag....but I would probably go with an Exmark! :tongue:

Blaaaa^^ scag please:)

Briana

Briana

hmm... this answer requires some research.

Ric

Ric

Exmark is a good choice but personally I get another Toro Grandstand.:smile:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Exmark is a good choice but personally I get another Toro Grandstand.:smile:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a Grandstand, either!

Ric

Ric

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a Grandstand, either!

The Grandstand is definitely a different machine. The motion control levers are really touchier than lap bars on a ztr, there response is so quick you have to be careful what you're doing. I guess that's the reason for the variable speed control for use in tight places and it's like everyone told me if you ever operate the GS you wont go back to a ztr. It's really a blast to operate.:smile:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The Grandstand is definitely a different machine. The motion control levers are really touchier than lap bars on a ztr, there response is so quick you have to be careful what you're doing. I guess that's the reason for the variable speed control for use in tight places and it's like everyone told me if you ever operate the GS you wont go back to a ztr. It's really a blast to operate.:smile:

I would be afraid that if I hit a bump with the Toro Grandstand that it would really move the mower off-course because the controls are so loose.

HarryHarley

HarryHarley

Grasshopper. Great machines and made in the USA. Plus, I see lots of lawn service people using them in my area. You know they beat them up pretty good too!

MSlandscaping

MSlandscaping

Ric said:

They are nice for small spaces but they are still not a ZTR. They are just different mowers, i can easily mow 3 times as much in a day with my Scag Cheetah

Ric

Ric

They are nice for small spaces but they are still not a ZTR. They are just different mowers, i can easily mow 3 times as much in a day with my Scag Cheetah

The GS I purchased is a 36" and is designed for small places but you can get them up to a 60" cut with a 27hp Kawasaki engine. I can tell you that the 36" is faster than my 48" Ztr and far more maneuverable, and your right there not a ZTR there far better IMO.

Ric

Ric

I would be afraid that if I hit a bump with the Toro Grandstand that it would really move the mower off-course because the controls are so loose.

With the variable speed control you can stop that from happening. The motion controls are not loose unless you want them to be. There completely adjustable to accommodate the beginner to the pro.

MSlandscaping

MSlandscaping

The GS I purchased is a 36" and is designed for small places but you can get them up to a 60" cut with a 27hp Kawasaki engine. I can tell you that the 36" is faster than my 48" Ztr and far more maneuverable, and your right there not a ZTR there far better IMO.

We obviously use our mowers in different ways. I feel mowing 15+ acres of grass a day is best suited for a ZTR.:thumbsup:

Popeye

Popeye

Ferris hands down. My aging back will thank me.

Ric

Ric

We obviously use our mowers in different ways. I feel mowing 15+ acres of grass a day is best suited for a ZTR.:thumbsup:

I'm strictly residential and besides with the GS I have no back problems like I did with all the ZTR mowers I've run over the years.

MSlandscaping

MSlandscaping

I'm strictly residential and besides with the GS I have no back problems like I did with all the ZTR mowers I've run over the years.

How many hours do you have on your GS?

Ric

Ric

How many hours do you have on your GS?

Not all that many. I purchased the mower on July 4th but only used on my own lawn once a week until August 6th. Wanted to get use to it before I used on someone else lawn so I've only used for about six weeks for my business so not to many hrs.

MSlandscaping

MSlandscaping

Not all that many. I purchased the mower on July 4th but only used on my own lawn once a week until August 6th. Wanted to get use to it before I used on someone else lawn so I've only used for about six weeks for my business so not to many hrs.

Dont you think you are more likely to have either back or knee problems with a grandstand than with a ztr? you are standing all day bouncing up and down. I feel that after 1000 hours it will catch up to you. You should test drive a Cheetah, they have the best ride of any mower:thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

Dont you think you are more likely to have either back or knee problems with a grandstand than with a ztr? you are standing all day bouncing up and down. I feel that after 1000 hours it will catch up to you. You should test drive a Cheetah, they have the best ride of any mower:thumbsup:

I've been going to a chiropractor for years with back and hip problems so those problems are nothing new for me. Before the Grandstand there was never a day I didn't come home and have issues with sore back. I thought the same thing as you about the Grandstand before I took the chance and purchased the mower, I can truthfully tell you I wished I had done it long ago because the issues with the back are virtually gone.
The key to the Grandstand is there Flex-Ride platform it rides better than a ZTR and there's less fatigue during and at the end of the day. Until you use the machine you can't understand how much better things can be and if you ever use the machine for a couple of weeks, as I've been told you'll retire your ZTR and never use it again. At the end of the season I'm looking to replace my 48" ZTR with either a 48" or 52" Grandstand, I like it that much.

born2cut99

born2cut99

If you had the money, what brand of ZTR mower would you get? Exmark? Scag? Toro? Hustler? Gravely? Ferris? Grasshopper? John Deere? Other?

I personally have always been a scag guy, but ever since I started operating a hustler super z I'm hooked. They are super fast, have a great cut and are superior on inclines.

A

Acculawnsystems.com

Over the last 16 years we have used Exmark with little trouble.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Over the last 16 years we have used Exmark with little trouble.

Exmark is a great company!!

M

mahindradon

Dixie Chopper. 36 hp cat diesel!!! 7 acres an hour if you can hold on tight enough!

graydog

graydog

Grasshopper. Great machines and made in the USA. Plus, I see lots of lawn service people using them in my area. You know they beat them up pretty good too!

My neighbor has a 72" Grasshopper. The discharge is too far forward and covers operator up with dirt and debris.

I love my Great Dane 60" w/Kawasaki engine, but dealer service and parts are lacking since they got bought out. I would buy a Hustler or Skagg if I were to get a new one.....both great machines.

Attachments