Which blower to buy?

Oddball

Threads
I've narrowed it down to either a Stihl BG56 C-E or the Echo PB-255. They're the same price and are comparable in volume and speed of air. I know each brand has their fans, but can anyone compare the two from personal experience? I love the two Stihl machines I own, although I've only had them a short while, and have no experience with Echo. They both have an accessory gutter cleaner system available. Which is better or easier to assemble/use? I borrowed the roofers' Stihl blower, I believe it was the BG56, when they were here last weekend and really fell in love with it. After that and untangleing and fighting the 100 foot extension cord for my electric blower for the gazillionth time yesterday, I'm really thinking about a gas powered one just for the freedom it gives. I've had the electric one for about 15 years and while its a decent machine, I've had it with the cords. I can't stands no more!

jimrs

Threads
I have like you changed from the electric blower to the gas one. It saves a lot of work dragging out the cord untangle it then putting it back up when through. I bought a Stihl and I like it but I have a Stihl chain saw and never can get it started. I got mad and just bought a Echo and it starts the first pull most times. The Stihl has been in the shop 3 times to get it started and now after using it once I can get it to start but won't take gas so again it usless. I would go with the echo and never look back.

benski

Threads
I've had great luck with my Echo ,model BP-500, which is a larger machine. For me, I'm an Echo fan, no pun intended...:wink::biggrin:

jakesmurray

Threads
I know people say they are cheap, but my Weedeater blower works great for what I use it for. I use it to blow grass off the driveway after mowing. The model is FL1500LE and they aren't expensive!

jmick35

Threads
Man Mothers day is coming and my darling wife wants a gas powered leaf blower.
My Stihl Chainsaw is awesome, it is a MS280.
I was going to just go and get a Stihl, should I evaluate options?
Do they make combo blower-vacs?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I have an Echo PB 255 & love it !!! Plus the 5 year warranty.. So my opinion is slightly biased.

What warranty does Stihl have ?

Threads
Well, I have an Echo PB 255 & love it !!! Plus the 5 year warranty.. So my opinion is slightly biased.

What warranty does Stihl have ?

I have a PB-255LN also, and love it. Powerful and quiet. I would go with the Echo, but I have 3 other pieces of Echo equipment. If you have had good experiences with Stihl, maybe you should go with them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a PB-255LN also, and love it. Powerful and quiet. I would go with the Echo, but I have 3 other pieces of Echo equipment. If you have had good experiences with Stihl, maybe you should go with them.

There both good blowers and both have there plus and minuses. The Echo has a little more velocity at 160 mph vs the Stihl @ 143mph but the Stihl has a little more volume/CFM @ 418 vs 345 cfm of the Echo. The Stihl has a little more engine but the Echo does run a little quieter. I guess you would have to consider the job your doing with one to make a choice.

Jack17

Threads
I've bought this thing last year: Poulan Blower.jpeg
Works really nice, starts super easy, not too heavy...like it a lot!
It's a Poulan Pro BVM200FE 25cc 2 Cycle Gas Leaf Blower

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get the biggest one you can. You will save $$ in the long run.

BG55 will be good. I have the BG86 and BR430. Get ready to clean spark arrestors or remove them.