Whether to Purchase Exmark Q E-Series to Replace Husqvarna YTH22v46

micccain

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Whether to Purchase Exmark Q E-Series to Replace Husqvarna YTH22v46
Hi all,
I have a Husqvarna YTH22v46 I bought about two years ago (I was recently married and on a tight budget). I think it has like 58 hours on it. I cut my grandmothers yard and her Cub Cadet keeps messing up so she is interested in getting another mower. My aunt has a Exmark Quest E-Series 42" that was purchased in September two years ago but doesn't have much time on it. They have moved and are selling it. They are wanting $2,500 for it but I think I could get them to go down slightly. I think they spent roughly $4,000 for it new, by the time taxes and such were added.
Is the Quest a decent mower. I know it doesn't have a fab deck on it but it does have the Kawasaki motor on it. If I bought this I would sell my Husqvarna to my grandmother. I guess my thought was I could upgrade to a zero turn with fairly low hours for around $1,500 and my grandmother could save money and not have to buy a new mower as there is nothing wrong my YTH22v46. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
My yard is ~ 1 acre and I mow it about once a week. There is a slight hill in the front but it is not that steep, otherwise the yard is fairly smooth.