Where to get Craftsmans mower belts.

cdestuck

Active Member
A friend is dropping off craftsman walk behind that has a broken drive belt. Would like to get it fixed right away so hoping to get a belt locally. Anyone have any success at NAPA or any other local walkin store. Thanks.
 
Guess so but I just hate sears shopping charges and the wait for the part.

I know what you are saying here and I agree, but its not worth it to have to do the job twice. Get A OEM belt and do the job only once. If you do get a NAPA belt just make sure its the right belt and for a mower, not a car engine belt. A 1/4 in. different can make a different if it fits or not. Just beware is all I am telling you.
 
I actually find the price of parts at sears pretty reasonable compared to other places, maybe a dollar or two more but they can get the part in quick if they don't have it in stock.
 
I found sears to be over high on parts in most cases. I know of a case where sears wanted $48 for a part i sell for $7.95. Just earlier this month I replaced a part on a craftsman trimmer for $65. Sears wanted $88. go to partsdirect.com put in the model number, and get the part number of the belt, Sears uses the OEM part numbers, so most likely it will a Brute, Poulan, or MTD. Call a local dealer with the part number and compare the price.
 
Back
Top