Where do you blow it?

Driller

Threads
When you are blowing that snow away from your driveway and walkway, where do you blow it to? Do you just stack it up on the front lawn's snow, or move it to the edge of the sidewalk?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a larger 2 stage, so it will place snow far away...
The spot makes not much difference, but I do try to avoid blowing it onto anything that may get damaged, like glass or cars... It will just melt into wherever it lands... :smile:KennyV

Green Girl

Threads
You do need a strategy for where to blow it. We have a wide parking area, and if you don't approach it right, you end up blowing snow where you've already cleared! (I couldn't believe I was DOING that when we first got our blower....)

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
if you don't approach it right, you end up blowing snow where you've already cleared!

True...
It's also not a good idea to blow it onto your neighbors drive... Or, at times it may be a good idea:biggrin:...
NO just kidding ... not a good idea to do that.. :smile:KennyV

AndyMan

Threads
We have definitely learned to blow the snow on our driveway DOWN WIND !!!! Blow it up-wind and it'll be back an hour later.

Down near the house, we blow it all onto the sledding hill to make that extra deep and extra fun.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have definitely learned to blow the snow on our driveway DOWN WIND !!!! Blow it up-wind and it'll be back an hour later.

Down near the house, we blow it all onto the sledding hill to make that extra deep and extra fun.

Main 250 feet of our driveway runs past the house to our detatched garage, wind usually comes from the road out front, so I blow the snow to the south side of driveway away from house until I get to the garage, then switch to straight ahead so the garage, on my right side, doesn't have the approach filled in. When main drive is clear, open garage door and blow to righthand side (east) as I clear approach. Wind here usually comes from west and north.

Hershey

Threads
It is sometimes hard to avoid getting the neighbor's property. I suppose practice makes perfect. Who knew a blower would require training!

Stevie-Ray

Threads
It can be difficult to place the snow perfectly, but my MTD 2-stage has a great chute which can be positioned to place the snow in the 3 or so feet between the sidewalk and street, as it's quite illegal to blow the snow into the street. Off the driveway, it goes into my grass and can get quite high at times. Not as high as the spot between sidewalk and street though, which has been 6 feet at times. Very strange to walk down the sidewalk and not be able to see cars going by. At my northern property, it is even worse, though I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with it yet. Due to the volume of lake-effect snow, my brother has used his Cub Cadet to blow 21 inches off his driveway only to deal with another 19 the following day. It's one of the things I'm not looking forward to.

Driller

Threads
I suppose that it's a good idea to mast the 'where to blow it' technique to avoid upsetting neighbors. I can't imagine anyone wanting to walk outside and see their car covered in snow.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
It can be difficult to place the snow perfectly, but my MTD 2-stage has a great chute which can be positioned to place the snow in the 3 or so feet between the sidewalk and street, as it's quite illegal to blow the snow into the street. Off the driveway, it goes into my grass and can get quite high at times. Not as high as the spot between sidewalk and street though, which has been 6 feet at times. Very strange to walk down the sidewalk and not be able to see cars going by. At my northern property, it is even worse, though I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with it yet. Due to the volume of lake-effect snow, my brother has used his Cub Cadet to blow 21 inches off his driveway only to deal with another 19 the following day. It's one of the things I'm not looking forward to.

You must mean pretty far north, maybe the UP....? I remember driving up there in the middle of the winter for my job, traveled all over the state, what I could never get used to was seeing people's driveways that were often open trenches with snow piled up six to seven feet at the ends of the drive...I like to clear snow, but would never enjoy getting THAT much....:eek: