When should i start advertising?

Threads
Hi. My name is Matt and I'm 16. This is my first year doing yard work outside of my own neighborhood and I was wondering when I should start advertising? I live in Kansas so it's still a little cold but I've been told to start early. Any advise?
Thanks!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi. My name is Matt and I'm 16. This is my first year doing yard work outside of my own neighborhood and I was wondering when I should start advertising? I live in Kansas so it's still a little cold but I've been told to start early. Any advise?
Thanks!
Early bird gets the worm and maybe you can be first in line for those folks receiving a tax refund and want to spend some of it on yard work in Kansas. Go for it now.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should do well on the West side of Wichita this spring ... if you are planning to mow that far East ... :smile:KennyV

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I'd start advertising about now if I were you.

Good on you for starting your business though, it's good to see somebody doing something good for a change (wow I sounded like an old man there :laughing:)

Threads
Ok! :smile: thank you for the help! And yes I am planning on advertising on the west side of town. There are several nice neighborhoods there that I think I might have some luck in.

Threads
I was also wondering what would be a good price to charge when mowing, edging, trimming, and blowing an average size lawn of less than an acre? I was thinking $35-$40 a time. Is that to much?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You need to know what your competition is charging...
You also have to know what they do for the price...
And do at least as good Or Better...
The price you charge will not loose you customers as fast as bad work/scheduling ...
Charge enough to cover your needs & do the best job possible... :smile:KennyV

Threads
Ok. That sounds great. I think in my area guys are charging $40-$50 per time to mow, edge, trim, and blow. Most are professional but a lot of times when they are done the lawn really doesn't look to great. On all my flyers I have put that I do quality work because I know that's the most important thing there is.
Thank you so much for the advice! :)