When do Honda models turn over for the next year's model (if such a thing exists)

homestuff

Threads
  • / When do Honda models turn over for the next year's model (if such a thing exists)
Looking seriously into an HRX217VKA....but since these things apparently never go on sale (if I'm spending the same amount, might as well get the newest), I'm wondering if things change year to year and when the new models start hitting the floors? Is it in the spring? Over the winter?

Last edited:
Threads
  • / When do Honda models turn over for the next year's model (if such a thing exists)
Looking seriously into an HRX217HKA....but since these things apparently never go on sale (if I'm spending the same amount, might as well get the newest), I'm wondering if things change year to year and when the new models start hitting the floors? Is it in the spring? Over the winter?

I think you mean the HRX217VKA. I think the models are available sometime soon after the new year. Honda did have a special this year to get an extra year of warranty if it was registered before June 1 (I don't know when it started). Maybe they'll have that in 2014.

homestuff

Threads
That's the one, sorry I erred on the model number. An extra year of warranty would certainly be something. Too bad that ended June 1. Do you know when it started?

Threads
That's the one, sorry I erred on the model number. An extra year of warranty would certainly be something. Too bad that ended June 1. Do you know when it started?

Found it. It started March 1.

oneyearextendedwarrantygraphic_zps8a6234e3.jpg

(http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums...neyearextendedwarrantygraphic_zps8a6234e3.jpg)

Threads
I moved your thread to the Honda Forum. :smile:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Generally speaking, most mower companies don't have model years, they have model "runs."

The HRX217 has been around almost 10 years, and has been updated along the way. Honda refers to these running changes as "K-change." Think of them as software versions.

The very first HRX was a "K0" and over the years have seen the K2, K3, and last January, the K4 version was introduced along with some new models (all were set to be K4 for consistently) . Same basic mower, but different features for each K-change. Honda has been pretty aggressive in updating mowers, but it comes and goes in cycles. All the HRR and HRX models were updated within the last year, but the HRS and HRC versions have been unchanged for many years now. Eventually, they will either be discontinued or updated.

Under most market conditions, retailers will sell out of a K3 before K4 models are released. Sometimes, there is overlap, (and customer confusion). We saw this this spring with many K8 versions of the HRR models were still on the shelves but the K9 versions were also arriving in stores. Dealers will often discount slightly older models in this case, but it does not happen very often.

Threads
Generally speaking, most mower companies don't have model years, they have model "runs."

The HRX217 has been around almost 10 years, and has been updated along the way. Honda refers to these running changes as "K-change." Think of them as software versions.

The very first HRX was a "K0" and over the years have seen the K2, K3, and last January, the K4 version was introduced along with some new models (all were set to be K4 for consistently) . Same basic mower, but different features for each K-change. Honda has been pretty aggressive in updating mowers, but it comes and goes in cycles. All the HRR and HRX models were updated within the last year, but the HRS and HRC versions have been unchanged for many years now. Eventually, they will either be discontinued or updated.

Under most market conditions, retailers will sell out of a K3 before K4 models are released. Sometimes, there is overlap, (and customer confusion). We saw this this spring with many K8 versions of the HRR models were still on the shelves but the K9 versions were also arriving in stores. Dealers will often discount slightly older models in this case, but it does not happen very often.

Yeah you're right...I guess since the latest K4 version of the HRX came out at the beginning of the year I thought they always come out at that time.