When customers work on their own stuff.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
When the bolt dropped, they probably didn't even look down in the carb?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have had a cust bring me an engine in a box completely disassembled and all fasteners and small parts in a bag
I have had 2 of those plus a MTD rear tine tiller with the transmission totally disassembled and laid out in the bed of a pickup when it arrived.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And I had one mower brought in boxes too. What worst the customer bitched because I charged him $50 to put it back together because I felt sorry for him but those days are long gone now. Now it is regular shop labor time.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Exactly.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not only small engines /tillers etc. , my hvac man says a large percent of his business is homeowners attempting to FIX it .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some folks THINK they are handy.
For some folks screwdrivers should have HOLD THIS END printed on the handle. And not be allowed to shop in certain aisles of the home improvement stores.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Basically there are three types of people. One that are maybe better mechanics that you are me, but will know what they are doing regardless. Two are the people that have no idea what they are doing, but will let you do the repairs on everything because they will admit they don't know. The third type are the ones that you have to be worried about. Those are the ones they think they know everything but in the end know nothing.