I hate changing my oil. It is a messy experience... so what do I do... I procrastinate doing it...![]()
You must be going about it the hard way...it's 5 minutes. I change it when I change the oil in the transporter (truck).I hate changing my oil. It is a messy experience... so what do I do... I procrastinate doing it...![]()
The easiest way is to remove the dipstick, tilt the mower, and let the oil drain out of the filler tube. That's how the owner's manual says to do it on most modern mowers. In fact, Briggs & Stratton has started phasing out the bottom drain plug on their engines.
![]()
I have been buying push mowers since 1982 and have NEVER seen one with a bottom drain plug...
How strange is that? I've never seen without a drain plug. It never occured to me to tip the mower over and spill the oil out the fill hole:ashamed:
Manual? I guess I should have read the manual......Every paper manual I have for my pushers say to tip it over and empty the oil out of the fill tube...makes sense to me, otherwise you would have to set the mower deck on sawhorses or another type of stand to get access to the drain plug.