What Would be Your Top Three Ride-on Mower Brands?

Zeroturn

Threads
John Deere, John Deere, and John Deere... no seriously I own a Gravely but that is only because the Johnny's are out of my price range. My dad owns a couple of them.

adan

Threads
adan,I see you live in the Phillippines so not sure what brands you can get there,there may be European models available to you that we do'nt have here in the states but my top three would be Grasshopper,Ventrac and Kubota..I perfer diesel but that's just me.If Yanmar made a mower ,which I don't believe they do then it would be up there too. russ

Hi Russ, the brands I see here are John Deere, Massey Ferguson (not mentioned anywhere in this forum but they sell tractors here), Kubota and Honda (they sell mostly cars and motorcycles, but I'll check if they have mowers).

Is Kubota a European brand? All the while my understanding is it's Japanese :)

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
MTD bought them..I use to love the old MTDs ..But then they started to make them very cheaply they own alot of stuff now ...Most of there stuff is sold in the big box stores ...

According to what you're saying about CC, that Most of there stuff is sold in the big box stores ... and they're made cheaply I would have to assume that John Deere would be the same then because they too are sold at Big Box stores, is my thinking correct on this?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
John Deere would be the same then because they too are sold at Big Box stores

I think like most all the other brands, JD also makes a line of lower end mowers to catch their share of that market...
CC use to be International Harvester untill around 1981... after that it has been MTD.
MTD makes a lot of mowers, some of them labeled with older standard names... KennyV

173abn

Threads
hi adan,Kubota is Japanese,and I should say Yanmar engines are used in some of the high end ZTRs like Dixiechopper and JohnDeere.Also CubCadet and Yanmar merged and are making CUTS,however I don't think they are making mowers.If I was living in the Phillipines I would buy something that you can get parts for asap if you break down because you proabley need to mow 12 out of 12 months. russ

adan

Threads
It appears that, in my case, it's a case of either John Deere or Kubota. They're both popular where I live, and they're being discussed in forums like this. I'll continue scouting for other brands here though. Honda, for instance, is mentioned here. But I still have to find out if they sell mowers here too.

briggs

Threads
I think like most all the other brands, JD also makes a line of lower end mowers to catch their share of that market...
CC use to be International Harvester untill around 1981... after that it has been MTD.
MTD makes a lot of mowers, some of them labeled with older standard names... KennyV

ty kenny i didnt get a chance to reply to him i was away lol ....I heard that MTD is making some of The JD stuff now is this true or a myth ..I have seen a few threads in other Forums that say they are .But i have also seen threads that say they are not ..Just curious to know

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...I heard that MTD is making some of The JD stuff now is this true or a myth ..I
..Just curious

I'm not sure ... I have heard it was AYP...

Whoever it is John Deere is not saying. BUT I feel it must be someone else for all the comments there are that the JD dealers will not service a lot of the new JD riders...
Someone out there has to know for sure what the deal is??? :smile:KennyV

briggs

Threads
I'm not sure ... I have heard it was AYP...

Whoever it is John Deere is not saying. BUT I feel it must be someone else for all the comments there are that the JD dealers will not service a lot of the new JD riders...
Someone out there has to know for sure what the deal is??? :smile:KennyV

Humm i wonder who it is ..Makes it hard to give good info if we dont know who it is ..I have had people bring there deers because the dealer wont touch them ..I had a self -propelled lawnmower come in it was 2 years old .It broke the front axle deer would not touch it .it was a box store special .I could get the parts threw deer tho ... AYP they make yard pro and poulan right

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The VENTRAC is by far the best machine I have had - Great mower AND it does much more than just mow. http://www.ventrac.com Plus made in USA. :thumbsup: also had Deere 318, Graveley and older Allice Chalmers garden tractors all good, but Ventrac is best for my needs.

adan,I see you live in the Phillippines so not sure what brands you can get there,there may be European models available to you that we do'nt have here in the states but my top three would be Grasshopper,Ventrac and Kubota..I perfer diesel but that's just me.If Yanmar made a mower ,which I don't believe they do then it would be up there too. russ