WHAT TO DO IN WINTER

GreenQuest Outdoors

Forum Newbie
Threads
Though servicing all your equipment during winter is important, all your equipment should already be serviced for the most part, as servicing your equipment is something u should do on a day to day basis. I run my own business here in Georgia and we don't stop mowing until around November 1st depending on temps. My customers that are on contracts still get serviced each and every week throughout the entire winter. What a lot of homeowners don't realize is that just because it's cold and the grass is not growing does not mean that all the sudden your yards says 'I don't need any attention'. A few things we do In the winter months is leaf maintenance until the middle of December depending on temperatures. We also prune all of our crape myrtles and any hard pruning starting in Febuaury. Right now (its November) we only prune 25% off each plant versus 75-100% in the January, Febuaury months depending on which plants need what. Each yard has its own character and there is Always something that needs to be done on each and everyone of our properties. So again, to all the homeowners out there, don't get this misconception that in the winter there's nothig to be done in the yard and it needs no attention. Winter is a great time to really do all the detail work u didn't have time to do in the growing season. Also, another good thing to do in the winter IF you have Bermuda Grass for instance, is to overseed your yard with some Rye Grass. Its very easy to plant and cultivate. The ground that its going to be planted on doesn't need any prep as far as aeration, etc. Though aeration and these things are never a bad thing to do when planting anything new, the Rye Grass just doesn't require much to grow other than adequate water and sun. The rye will give u green grass ALL winter long and will also give u something to cut and do in the yard.

I hope that this post was of any help to anyone. Enjoy this forum and look forward to reading and commenting on future posts. Thank and god bless all.

Threads
Though servicing all your equipment during winter is important, all your equipment should already be serviced for the most part, as servicing your equipment is something u should do on a day to day basis. I run my own business here in Georgia and we don't stop mowing until around November 1st depending on temps. My customers that are on contracts still get serviced each and every week throughout the entire winter. What a lot of homeowners don't realize is that just because it's cold and the grass is not growing does not mean that all the sudden your yards says 'I don't need any attention'. A few things we do In the winter months is leaf maintenance until the middle of December depending on temperatures. We also prune all of our crape myrtles and any hard pruning starting in Febuaury. Right now (its November) we only prune 25% off each plant versus 75-100% in the January, Febuaury months depending on which plants need what. Each yard has its own character and there is Always something that needs to be done on each and everyone of our properties. So again, to all the homeowners out there, don't get this misconception that in the winter there's nothig to be done in the yard and it needs no attention. Winter is a great time to really do all the detail work u didn't have time to do in the growing season. Also, another good thing to do in the winter IF you have Bermuda Grass for instance, is to overseed your yard with some Rye Grass. Its very easy to plant and cultivate. The ground that its going to be planted on doesn't need any prep as far as aeration, etc. Though aeration and these things are never a bad thing to do when planting anything new, the Rye Grass just doesn't require much to grow other than adequate water and sun. The rye will give u green grass ALL winter long and will also give u something to cut and do in the yard.

I hope that this post was of any help to anyone. Enjoy this forum and look forward to reading and commenting on future posts. Thank and god bless all.

Yep, it was helpful, and WELCOME TO LMF! :thumbsup::smile: