What to do for a logo?

Threads
My mom have this thing that can make stickers or print stuff onto shirts/sweatshirts. What should I do for a logo? I want something like this but I want a cool name on it (like my “business” name) by the way I’m only 14 IMG_0902.jpeg

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you trying to look professional or just want to get noticed? You are making a common mistake when trying to get noticed. What do you think the people you want be hired by, like about you when your logo looks like the one you posted? Do they say “This looks like a respectable young man or what kind of job is this kid going to do?” My recommendation is to keep the name simple and easy to remember. Worry about the logo down the road, after people are pleased with your work.

Threads
Are you trying to look professional or just want to get noticed? You are making a common mistake when trying to get noticed. What do you think the people you want be hired by, like about you when your logo looks like the one you posted? Do they say “This looks like a respectable young man or what kind of job is this kid going to do?” My recommendation is to keep the name simple and easy to remember. Worry about the logo down the road, after people are pleased with your work.
I want to look professional but not super professional. That is a good idea to try something else because that logo might not be the best.

Honest Abe

Threads
My mom have this thing that can make stickers or print stuff onto shirts/sweatshirts. What should I do for a logo? I want something like this but I want a cool name on it (like my “business” name) by the way I’m only 14 View attachment 67424
Hmmm, a lot is totally dependent on "What" your business is ??? If you're doing Lawn Mowing, I don't want anyone just hot-rodding up and down my yard as fast as they can leaving it looking like a dirt-track.

Threads
Hmmm, a lot is totally dependent on "What" your business is ??? If you're doing Lawn Mowing, I don't want anyone just hot-rodding up and down my yard as fast as they can leaving it looking like a dirt-track.
I understand what you’re saying, but I want something that stands out and isn’t supper basic. I guess I should get more customers first

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
1702245693434.png
Keep it simple, this is a generic clipart off google,

Threads
In order from top to bottom, I came up with front corner of shirt, back middle of shirt, back of business card, front of business card. I covered my phone number for privacy. I chose Tractor Boy (TB) as my name because I couldn’t think of anything else and because at school my teacher and friends call me that since I always work on ridding lawn mowers (tractors) at home and school IMG_0937.jpegIMG_0938.jpegIMG_0936.jpegIMG_0935.jpeg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In partnership with a friend we set up a courier service that ran for 25 years & at it's height was turning over $ 8,000,000 / year.
No uniforms , no logo, no business cards , no vehicle signs.
All word of mouth
Dress neat , wear plain cloths ( no company branding ) , do a good job , under promise & over deliver
Worry about a logo when you have customers & a van

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy saying you have years of experience when you said you was only 14 yrs old is wrong; unless, you started out in your diapers.

Matter of fact I got a company in area that the original owner started 25 yrs that just recently purchased by a new owner that trying the same thing with new techs that can't even find a blown gasket. Instead they told the customer he needed a new $4000 when it was only $300 job. Now the customer is no longer using them but instead using my shop as I do good, standby my workmanship, and tell the truth when asked. Also there was another company that was recently that tried the same thing they made two years and when I was by their place last week everything was gone. Just a place up for sale.

Heck in general I have professionally work on equipment since '79. I was training since I was in the second grade but as lawn care equipment repair mechanic I have only been doing it professionally since 2009. And everyday I learn something new as I am getting something I have never worked on and must learn new things.