What kind of truck do you use for your business?

metz12

Threads
What kind of truck do you use for your business? I have been able to get away with using my 2000 chevy s10 4x4 (picture was taken last fall when it was not registered) and i can fit my blower, my push mower, and my 2 trimmers with ease. It gets pretty tight when i have to bring my riding mower. i usually put my blower and a trimmer in the cab of my truck (have not taken a trailer yet, and when i use my rider i dont bring my push mower). Just curios on what you guys use. Feel free to post pictures!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 97

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use my 2006 Ford F-150 Club Cab 5.4liter with a trailer tow package.

img_0614.jpg

Last edited:

metz12

Threads
and what size trailer is that?

metz12

Threads
Metz12:
If you are interested in lawn care trailers, check out this thread I started: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/commercial-residential-lawn-mowing/11499-lawn-care-trailer.html. Especially posts #2,3,4,7,9,12 & 14, where there are cool pictures!

the first couple is like what i have for my mower. i dont know if i want to get an actual trailer for my truck so i can do bigger jobs, and i can carry more equipment instead of in my bed. do you have a truck or vehicle for your jobs?

Threads
the first couple is like what i have for my mower. i dont know if i want to get an actual trailer for my truck so i can do bigger jobs, and i can carry more equipment instead of in my bed. do you have a truck or vehicle for your jobs?

No, but there is not really a need yet, since I work primarily in my neighborhood. But as I get more equipment and expand my working area I will get one, either just a truck or a truck and trailer. I was really wishing I had one when I was pushing my snowblower around the neighborhood on Saturday. That thing is SO heavy! I had to push it kind of in the middle of the street where cars had made the snow melt, because it is like impossible to try to push that thing in the snow without turning it on (which I did some of the time).

possum

Threads
Why did we get no pictures or clips of you Pushing the blower??? Just kidding.

jameshobbs

Threads
What kind of truck do you use for your business? I have been able to get away with using my 2000 chevy s10 4x4 (picture was taken last fall when it was not registered) and i can fit my blower, my push mower, and my 2 trimmers with ease. It gets pretty tight when i have to bring my riding mower. i usually put my blower and a trimmer in the cab of my truck (have not taken a trailer yet, and when i use my rider i dont bring my push mower). Just curios on what you guys use. Feel free to post pictures!!:biggrin:

I have a 1998 Dodge Caravan with 225,000 on it I use it to pull my 12' trailer, it is getting tired.
Most guys around here have late model 4 door 4 wheel drives. To each his own but I 'm sorry I do not want to tie up 25,000 to 50,000 K in a truck ! I want to plow my money back into better equipment for my mowing & landscaping jobs.
I am looking for a ( older ) Chevrolet Suburban, they have a towing capacity of 7,000 -8,000 Lbs ! and will haul 5 big boys if I have a big landscaping job to do and need more then my regular 2 guys. Most have all the creature comforts like dual A/C , leather & a nice comfortable ride. But they also have the needed heavy duty stuff too, a factory trailer hitch platform with a Locking Differential & 7 wire trailer light / brake pre-wire harness and a transmission Oil Cooler
But what I am really after is that 7,500 towing capacity !