What kind of tach do I use?

I recently purchased a used and abused Woods 2855 mower with a Kohler M18S engine. The manual states the engine should run a 3600 RPM with no load. It seems like the engine is running too slow.
What kind of tach do I use to measure the RPM?

Thanks for the help.
 
Northerntool.com has a nifty little tachometer that is very simple to install and use. All you do is choose a mounting spot, if you want to mount it at all, then wrap an attached small gauge wire around one of the spark plug wires. It is completely self contained with its own battery, and as a bonus it doubles as a hour meter. I think it costs around $50. The only downside is the battery is said to be good for 5 years and is non-replaceable, so when the battery goes down, you have to replace the entire unit.
 
i bought a sundec at a box store i leave in my toolbox for checking rpm on everything,it was 29.00 but was yrs ago
 
I recently purchased a used and abused Woods 2855 mower with a Kohler M18S engine. The manual states the engine should run a 3600 RPM with no load. It seems like the engine is running too slow.
What kind of tach do I use to measure the RPM?

Thanks for the help.
Saw this on Amazon. Under $15.00. No wires.
CyberTech Digital Photo Tachometer Non Contact Tach
 
Back
Top