Engine What kind of oil ?

I disagree, 10w-30 isnt recommended for lawnmower engines per Briggs, Tecumseh manual. Might work on snowblower but not a lawnmower. I say 30w for a Lawnmower
In my mowers manual (2011 Mountfield 2.6HP Walk Behind) it calls for either 10W30, or Straight-30.

So you could use either.

I am currently using Mountfield MX855 Straight-30 Synthetic oil, and will continue to do so as the mower runs very smooth with it.
 
In my mowers manual (2011 Mountfield 2.6HP Walk Behind) it calls for either 10W30, or Straight-30.

So you could use either.

I am currently using Mountfield MX855 Straight-30 Synthetic oil, and will continue to do so as the mower runs very smooth with it.

A briggs with use 10w-30 oil. Just have to keep checking the oil before each use on the mower.
 
I do annual oil changes on all my engines... gasoline and diesel... have always ran 5w-40 or something very close to that... But always synthetic... either Mobil1, Delvac1, or Shell Rotella T6...
I have NEVER added even one ounce of additional oil, between the regular oil changes...
An engine that is worn out will use, (burn) oil & an engine with leaking seals will loose (leak) oil... but other than that, a proper set up engine will not have any problem with oil... :smile:KennyV
 
Did i just read a bunch of gear heads saying oil don't matter thats makes as much sense as saying and we have all heard it "their all the same" (yes roll of eyes) come on
 
Yes Mowitall.cl, I won't get into which oil is better, but just doing the service it requires with any good oil is better than neglecting your mower, car etc.
 
Well sir i am a firm believer in picking up the phone and calling a local shop and asking what type would your engine,hydro,gearbox,etc take and then continue how hard is that n if to lazy to do so you deserve all u will get
 
Ah yes, we've arrived at another "what kind of oil" thread. :eek::biggrin: I think having good clean oil is as or more important than having a multi or single weight, but that's just my opinion, of course. I'm a multi-wt. synthetic oil kind of guy for all of my small 4 cycle stuff. It keeps my inventory down, and makes things simple for me.:smile:
 
Back
Top