What John Deere do you have and why you like it

Nwatson99

Threads
I will kick it off, I have the Z960R and like for multiple reasons which I will list below, but the most important thing that sticks out is the superb cut and striping of this machine. I change mowing directions each week so after I cut I have stripes in my yard and when I do change directions I do not have the stripes from the previous cut still trying to blend in so dominant from a machine with a stripe kit on it that it looks like crap like it does on many yards I have seen from mowers using the striping kit.

Others things that led me to the JD Ztrak series are:
Stamped 1 piece 7 Iron Deck
Deck is hung by structural bolts and carabiners
Hydraulic deck lift on control lever
Emergency deck kill switch on other controller
Deck height adjusts with a dial, no pins or levers
Foot pedal e-brake
Cross Porting hydraulic system

So what JD mower do you have?

gfp55

Threads
I have a 1983 and a 1984 JD 111 lawn tractors. I used them up some years ago. I plan on fixing the 1983 111 for my grands son, he told me he wants the green one when he gets older. I bought the first one because I wanted to say I own a JOHN DEERE, I got the second one for my wife. I have just cut grass with them and ride around the farm. I did have 1989 185 hydro JD that I gave to friends who were in need of a lawn mower, that one has a kaw engine on it and they have to cut 2 acres so I can't say I own it anymore, but I was very happy with it and in all the years I owned it I had to just put spark plugs, oil/filters, air filters, blades, belts and a fuel pump just before I gave them it. I have a sickle bar mower 7' that I use to cut hay Model 39, its older then dirt but still works great and I can still get parts for it from John Deere. I said this before, someday I will own a top of the line John Deere before I kick the bucket. "But thats just me"

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the best junk Deere I have.

644C

Electric brakes

Have used this at the sand dredge for years.
The bucket holds 4 1/2 tons of sand ( we sell by the ton not the yard )

6 years it was totally under water in a flood
Still runs good but likes to jump out of gear.

This pic is me tearing a dredge apart to scrap.

image-951778453.jpg

gfp55

Threads

gfp55

Threads
Gee, I would have thought there would be more John Deere fans on this forum, I guess I was wrong....

Nwatson99

Threads
Gee, I would have thought there would be more John Deere fans on this forum, I guess I was wrong....

Yea I figured those douches that popped into the other topic spewing crap kinda drove folks away and got them irritated.
Kinda odd we don't do that, but yet others find any excuse in the world to knock JD and knock JD in this forum.
Now I will be the first to admit about one particular brand I will tell about how crappy it is, which the majority of said mower is made in china, but hey if folks want to not support America and rather support china then each is their own.

gfp55

Threads
Yea I figured those douches that popped into the other topic spewing crap kinda drove folks away and got them irritated.
Kinda odd we don't do that, but yet others find any excuse in the world to knock JD and knock JD in this forum.
Now I will be the first to admit about one particular brand I will tell about how crappy it is, which the majority of said mower is made in china, but hey if folks want to not support America and rather support china then each is their own.
I dropped my BUY AMERICAN on my signature because people would get mad at me because they own japanese cars and trucks and chinese crap. I have never said that japanese stuff is junk, my point is as americans we need to worry about our childrens future and the future of America. If let our manufacturing base crumble we will be weak. People say the auto worker makes too much money for the job, but they don't realise is how much the auto worker pays in taxes or how much the auto worker spends in this country in services and goods, and that applies to other worker like the steal industry, rail roads, etc. any high paying american jobs. When those job are gone someone has to pay the taxes so others now have to pay more to take up the slack, and then they cry about higher taxes. "But that just me"

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The John Deere I have and still using is the model 68. It been a strong mower through the many years I have owned it. Its getting to the point it just getting worn out and they don't make parts for it anymore. The main thing I have against John Deere is parts. A lot of their parts are John Deere only and you can only buy them from a John Deere dealer. John Deere also isn't the only American made mower.

mowerman05

Threads
John Deere Z930, Love it all, just picked up a 1985? JD316 runs and looks good just plan to tinker this winter with it.

fatboy

Threads
I have a JD 652R stander. It is much faster than my Toro Grandstand and as such makes us more efficient. This is why I like my deere