What is up with this craftsman weedwacker? I cant get it going to save my life.

metz12

Threads
  • / What is up with this craftsman weedwacker? I cant get it going to save my life.
Hey guys, so i picked up these 2 weedwackers over the summer (you might remember the thread I posted about them) and I still cannot get them running to save my life. I knew it needed a new carb so I bought one and replaced the lines on it too. Now it wont start. I know it runs because I can get it going off of starting fluid. Its getting gas and priming now but it only runs on full choke. It dies as soon as you move it from full and it wont start on half choke. I posted some pictures of the carb and the lines if it helps. Also I noticed after i tried starting it there was like a brown liquid that smelled to me like gas but looked like motor oil by the spark plug (i know its not because its a 2 stoke) Could that be like a gas and carbon mixture? If you could give me any info that would be awesome. Thanks

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 10
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 9

metz12

Threads
  • / What is up with this craftsman weedwacker? I cant get it going to save my life.
Tried to get the thing going again. still the same results. it will run on full choke but thats it.