What is the trick about starting a two cycle engine that sat for too long

a spark plug won't cost more than 5$ why are you trying so hard not to replace it and eliminate that possibility of a bad spark plug
Not all of us live across the street from walmart.:laughing: It would be a 60 mile round trip for me to buy a spark plug. Unless it's an emergency I won't be going.:laughing:
 
Its only 10 miles one way for me lol . Walmart wouldnt be where id buy 1 i would end up at the dealer I buy my mowers from lol good excuse to be there and maybe talk them down a bit more on the new mower I'm looking at buying. Even on days I don't need to go to town I do. This is my 2 month vacation to hunt and be lazy lol. Being a busy body after hunting in the mornings I go to town to eat lunch and kill a couple hours before the afternoon hunt.
 
When blue smokes sit for a long while the crankcase seals can get dry then the seals do not work particularly well.
Remember the cylinder compression is only 1/2 the equation you also need primary compression.

The easy way to diagnose it ( and not particuarly accurate ) is to spray some of your favourite goop down the carb throat, remove the plug and give it a few pulls
When the exhaust blows clean, replace the plug and try again.
If it fires up quickly and feels harder to pull it is a sure sign your seals have dried out.

The harder and proper way to do it is to both a pressure & vacuum test on the crankcase.
 
I buy my filters by the case that way. I buy 14 sets of blades a year online too. Never thought about spark plugs online.
 
I buy my filters by the case that way. I buy 14 sets of blades a year online too. Never thought about spark plugs online.

I buy everything online except equipment and oil. Used to get my spark plugs from the auto parts store (< 2 miles away) but they didn't have most of what I wanted. So I went to ordering them online.
 
Back
Top