What is going on at MTD??

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not mower parts but i have 2 $2000 PTZ cameras plus other equipment backordered for my other business. All total i have about $7k cash laid out waiting on backordered equipment. Will probably be another month before the boat arrives from asia. Business is good but the supply chain is hurting everyone. I have organizations wanting to do business but i don't want to hang more cash out for backordered equipment.
I know exactly how you feel the getting of things is a real problem currently. At least I was fairly well stock at the beginning of the year so I was able to make it through the Spring rush with only a hand full of problems. I do have several restock orders with back orders.

One problem with back orders is the customer may just give up and go some where else leaving us stuck the items when they do come in. I kinda afraid I am going to get stuck with the repair cost on this Yamaha ATV due it taking so long to complete the repairs. Done got everything repaired when the master cylinder failed and I can't return it with no brakes.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know exactly how you feel the getting of things is a real problem currently. At least I was fairly well stock at the beginning of the year so I was able to make it through the Spring rush with only a hand full of problems. I do have several restock orders with back orders.

One problem with back orders is the customer may just give up and go some where else leaving us stuck the items when they do come in. I kinda afraid I am going to get stuck with the repair cost on this Yamaha ATV due it taking so long to complete the repairs. Done got everything repaired when the master cylinder failed and I can't return it with no brakes.
I am 3 weeks into a 6 week backorder on a part for a Arctic Cat ATV right now.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doing a project at church. Had to go to Lowes, home depot and menards to get all the lumber i needed. Guy at home depot said the lumber mills are just now coming off lockdown and are operating at 20% output.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The most commonly used warehouse & sales softwear programme used world wide is NAVS .
Navs is a product of Microsloth and it is the most popular because it is the only one that the average tech who is an MCE at some level knows will work with Windoze
Windoze will not work with most other warehousing , inventory & sales soft wear properly and will crash , freeze or simply not properly control the inventory numbers forcing regular manual stock checks& updates.

One of the add on packages alerts sales managers when each & every item that is running out has a picking order placed against it .
Thus when there are only 4 FS651V's in stock, and Bert who buys 5 engines a year puts in an order, it will go through to the picking stages when the regional sales manager gets an alert that the stock level is now 2 , par is 35, weekly sales are 15 and when new stock arrives they will have 60 on backorder . It will also bring up the weekly sales of FS651V's by customer order volume.
Now because the Mower Mansion buys 1.2 FS651V's / week, my sale will then get a despatch hold on it because Mower mansion orders have priority over mine.
Thus when I ordered , the computer checks & there was sufficient stock to fill the order, so the sale goes through it get put on hold between picking and despatch .
Thus suddenly I get a message telling me the engine will now be 4 weeks away

Navs is a poorly coded system, full of bugs , & holes so the MCE's get lots of money doing emergency fixes and of course the "right" people can snoop .
I did try, without any success to get the last mob who I ran a warehouse for to upgrade to a substantially better , and cheaper system but the board & top management know nothing about computing, despite the computer controling everything and of course when they asked their contract IT people ( All MCE's ) naturally they advised against it.

So if MTD is running NAVS then the results are not surprising .
One of the almost good things about Amazon is they have their own package that they try to get high volume vendors to use