What is going on at MTD??

Dave9354

Threads
I placed an order last week for parts which the showed were in stock. They still have not shipped anything. They took my money but never shipped the parts. You cannot get through by phone . Call three times and waited so long that my phone battery went dead. Tried their online chat but the wait was so long that it kept ending my chat!! How the hell do you contact these people about your order if you cannot get in contact with them?? Sent numerous emails and no one replies! Anyone have any ideas? Dave.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
A lot of places are slow on shipping due to the Coronavirus, and some may even be working only a few employees., You can probably order the parts elsewhere, parts Tree is shipping out fast, and then dispute the charge to MTD via credit card co.I've done that a few times in similar situations

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And a lot of web sites show parts that are normally stocked as being "in Stock"
Others show parts that are out of stock as NLA.
Just had a heart attack when the 5 kawasaki con rods I ordered came up NLA.
The web allows lots of people to lie through their teeth.
Any site that says ships in "X" days means they have no stock & need to order it in from somewhere else before they ship to you .
Right now demand for spare parts is the highest it has been for decades because of the thousands of bored people suddenly discovering all those blown up engines sitting in the back of the garage.
Paper shufflers can work from home but not parts makers.

Dave9354

Threads
A lot of places are slow on shipping due to the Coronavirus, and some may even be working only a few employees., You can probably order the parts elsewhere, parts Tree is shipping out fast, and then dispute the charge to MTD via credit card co.I've done that a few times in similar situations
I have already cancelled the order from jacks small engine because the could not get the parts. Went to mtd because their website says the parts were in stock. Now I am stuck and I am unable to contact anyone at mtd. They do not answer the phones or emails.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have already cancelled the order from jacks small engine because the could not get the parts. Went to mtd because their website says the parts were in stock. Now I am stuck and I am unable to contact anyone at mtd. They do not answer the phones or emails.
What parts do you need?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do a chargeback on the credit card. That will get their attention. Many online parts sellers have little stock on hand and order almost everything from a distributor then ship to you. I have been caught in that a few times. As Bert said lots of stock is low or none at all across the board. A couple dipstick vendors i have dealt with have websites that always say "in stock". Got into a pissing contest with a vendor who said a part was in stock and didn't ship for 2 weeks. They said i couldn't cancel the order. I did a credid card chargeback and told them if they shipped the part thanks for the free part. A supervisor finally admitted that their vendor had the part on backorder. I asked why the website showed in stock. Crickets!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If Jacks don't have it and can't get it then obviously MTD have no stock.
The story will be the same for most of the high volume on line retailers.
So now you are left to wait till MTD get new stock or try the local MTD dealers to see if they are doing the right thing by their customers and the wrong thing for their finances by holding stock.
Check the aftermarket suppliers as there might be an after market replacement for your mystery part.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Part number would be nice as I could see if my distributor has them in stock.

As a business many of my distributors keep accurate reported stock levels so I know when I order if the parts are showing up a couple days. Even I try to keep an accurate in stock inventory so I depend it for my own repairs and sales but it is just the common items I use here.

Not all items are stocked and must be ordered from OEM warehouse. And yes the OEM are slow at times as they are awaiting on a slow boat from China sometimes. I just got an Husqvarna order that had to come from the Husqvarna warehouse that I ordered 05/17/2020, it took over three weeks. And I am awaiting another order from June the 2nd for v-belt, a $6 item on a $220 order. At the 5/17 had the same belt so I good to go on major rebuild of the rear tine tiller.

With this Covid-19 messing things there will be slow shipping problems. Sometimes the distributor have them in stock but not always.

Dave9354

Threads
Part number would be nice as I could see if my distributor has them in stock.

As a business many of my distributors keep accurate reported stock levels so I know when I order if the parts are showing up a couple days. Even I try to keep an accurate in stock inventory so I depend it for my own repairs and sales but it is just the common items I use here.

Not all items are stocked and must be ordered from OEM warehouse. And yes the OEM are slow at times as they are awaiting on a slow boat from China sometimes. I just got an Husqvarna order that had to come from the Husqvarna warehouse that I ordered 05/17/2020, it took over three weeks. And I am awaiting another order from June the 2nd for v-belt, a $6 item on a $220 order. At the 5/17 had the same belt so I good to go on major rebuild of the rear tine tiller.

With this Covid-19 messing things there will be slow shipping problems. Sometimes the distributor have them in stock but not always.
Well it is very misleading when a company like MTD says the parts are “ in stock” before you order them. They should be honest about the parts they have in stock. It would save a lot of problems with their customers. I mean “ who can you trust anymore”? Are they going to lie just to get the order then make you wait till hell freezes over before you get the parts!