What have you done to your LB lately?

gearnoggin

Threads
Just wanted to see if I could start a thread for us to post our current progress on our projects. I really like reading about what others are currently doing to their lawn boys. It's been kinda quiet on here lately and I know some of us would love to hear what progress others are making.

Currently I'm working on my scrap yard find 8243AE. Just got the correct replacement coil today and it's getting great spark. Now I just gotta put my rebuilt carb back on with my new air filer and see if the old boy will fire up. Probably will continue work on it on Wednesday.

Attachments

• image-1683717786.jpg
    image-1683717786.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 26

Phototone

Threads
Well, WHICH Lawnboy, as I have about 30. Never-the-less, I have got one project mower, a late C-engine that is disassembled and partially worked on, a magnesium 21" deck that is cleaned and ready for paint, a shroud that is almost clean enough to paint, and eventually, after the first of the year I will probably start slowly working on them. This is going to be a mower made up of various parts. Will have the older recoil top mounted starter common to C engines .

gearnoggin

Threads
Well, WHICH Lawnboy, as I have about 30. Never-the-less, I have got one project mower, a late C-engine that is disassembled and partially worked on, a magnesium 21" deck that is cleaned and ready for paint, a shroud that is almost clean enough to paint, and eventually, after the first of the year I will probably start slowly working on them. This is going to be a mower made up of various parts. Will have the older recoil top mounted starter common to C engines .
Sounds pretty cool. Not sure I know what a c engine looks like. Got any pics of this project? Would you mind schooling me in the different types of engines?

bt3

Threads
Blew piston rings on my L21ZSM this Fall, so I am actively in the process of replacing them. I love the mower and for the life of me can't figure out how these rings failed. I run synthetic oil in my machine, and I am very careful on oil/fuel mixture ratio and freshness. I bought the machine used 10 years ago, and I suspect someone had run it too lean and that started the failure, or, they just failed over time. No idea how many hours are on it, but I suspect plenty.

In any event, I have done just about everything you can do to this machine. New seals, carb rebuild, new Reed valves, two new ignition modules, the list goes on. I enjoy working on Lawnboy mowers. Once you figure out 2 stroke and how they are engineered, the service is actually simple.

This is the first time I've done Piston Rings on a Lawnboy. I've got the head off, and the new Rings should be here next week.

Threads
nothing yet working on a old john deere that was gonna be a christmas present but is taking way longer than i thought
011.jpg007.jpg
its stripped down to the bare minimum waiting to get a carb rebuild kit and throttle cable

2smoked

Threads
I tried to post some new pictures of my 7260G that I talked about in the thread I started on 12/20/14. I have done some disassembly and cleaning to it. It runs good but will need some more work. I will try again to post the pictures later. It turned out to be a very good mower that was very well cared for. The pictures will show it. Even the handle cleaned up good. It looks nearly brand new.

Phototone

Threads
Sounds pretty cool. Not sure I know what a c engine looks like. Got any pics of this project? Would you mind schooling me in the different types of engines?

No pics yet. A late "C" engine looks just like an early "D" engine, with the bricktop style shroud, but has a conventional recoil starter instead of the "D" engine fingertip pull-up starter, and it has a pull-up choke instead of a push-down primer, but in the same location. They also have a ignition coil INSIDE the flywheel, rather than OUTSIDE the flywheel.

2smoked

Threads
This is my 7260G that I recently introduced on another thread. Over the last few days, I have taken the time to clean it up and check out the points and the governor. It will get a new air filter and seals sometime before spring. I love the condition that this mower is in. Very cold here right now. I froze my fingers just taking these pictures yesterday. I miss green grass and the summer sound of 2 stroke Lawn Boys.

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 34

gearnoggin

Threads
This is my 7260G that I recently introduced on another thread. Over the last few days, I have taken the time to clean it up and check out the points and the governor. It will get a new air filter and seals sometime before spring. I love the condition that this mower is in. Very cold here right now. I froze my fingers just taking these pictures yesterday. I miss green grass and the summer sound of 2 stroke Lawn Boys.
That things a beauty!

gearnoggin

Threads
I got my 8243AE running for the first time today! What a great feeling! It's my first experience with a running lawn boy. Love the sound it makes! I almost froze my toes off working on it. I actually mowed some of my back yard with it to. Heres a pic of it before I reinstalled the carb today. I'm in the process of uploading some videos I took while working on it and mowing with it. I'll post the links once they're done.

Attachments

• image-1400156518.jpg
    image-1400156518.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 22