What do you think?

lacrosse_24

Threads
The carb needle and seat allows fuel INTO the carb. If this needle hangs OPEN, it will eventually fill the cylinder AND get into the oil sump. Kind of works like a toilet fill valve does.

slomo
Dipstick smells like gas, sounds like your hunch was right. I found an OEM carb that I’ll replace the aftermarket with and change the oil, hopefully it works.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I guess you don’t know how a help forum works And I’m not your bruh. You ask for help and we try to supply it using the information given. Not standing next to you, we may be hundreds if not thousands of miles away, we have to make assumptions as to what is going on with your unit. We never know many things like person’s experience, mechanical ability, what they mean by terms they post, age and condition of unit, what has been done before by anyone, etc. Using our experience and the info provided we have to make assumptions and then give our best possible answers. If you would have simply posted “I’m at work, I’ll check when I get home” it would have helped your cause. But no you, having little experience wanted to go with your assumptions, instead of doing what we suggested first. Today people like you want immediate and exact answers, but the techs here are not psychic, so we try to do the best we have with what is provided. In your case I can think of a half dozen possible causes for your problem, but slomo and I wanted you to concentrate on one and most probable possibility first. We could have said you have a 12+ year old engine, where the rings, cylinder and valves are junk, so don’t bother fixing it. Our ASSUMPTIONS didn’t point in that direction, but wanted you to do a little work to clarify the problem. Sorry if this assumptio was to hard for you to swallow, NOT.

lacrosse_24

Threads
My lord sensitive much? It doesn’t take psychic powers to realize the majority of the population works during the day. I never said I’m not going to check it or I don’t think that’s it, I just was asking questions and yes you assumed by saying “he doesn’t want to check the oil”

Listen bruh, I appreciate your help, I really do, but lecturing someone on how a “forum” works and your above response clearly proves my point.

You need to relax.

Forums also need to use correct grammar, but we won’t address that. (That’s a joke but “people like you” don’t get jokes these days).

Again, thanks for your help, if it frustrates you that much, there’s a pretty simple solution, either I can mail you some coffee (that’d be tough to swallow) or you can just not respond.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
My lord sensitive much? It doesn’t take psychic powers to realize the majority of the population works during the day. I never said I’m not going to check it or I don’t think that’s it, I just was asking questions and yes you assumed by saying “he doesn’t want to check the oil”

Listen bruh, I appreciate your help, I really do, but lecturing someone on how a “forum” works and your above response clearly proves my point.

You need to relax.

Forums also need to use correct grammar, but we won’t address that. (That’s a joke but “people like you” don’t get jokes these days).

Again, thanks for your help, if it frustrates you that much, there’s a pretty simple solution, either I can mail you some coffee (that’d be tough to swallow) or you can just not respond.
Alright you two. Enough said.

Rivets is a cherished member here with tons of knowledge and wisdom. This guy KNOWS his stuff.

So back to regular programming. Oh and BTW, most people do not work anymore. Roads and shopping stores are packed all the time. At least here in OKC that is. Everyone is on foodstamps and state assisted living, divorces where women are GIFTED everything they want including half or more of the men's assetes LOL. Free Lunch Program, WIC, unemployment and so on. Most women have 4-6 kids and make a fortune on unemployment. They drive better cars and live in bigger houses than us working folks. WOW where did all this come from. Back to mower repairs. Don't forget Mother's Day tomorrow.

slomo

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
i think I’ll respond bro. You are the one who needs to understand how help forums work. When you need help with a problem, you ask for help, because you are in over your head, but with a little guidance and an open mind feel you can learn to solve the problem. I taught shop not English, but I don’t think it really matters to anyone but you. Most people come here for help with equipment, not worrying about grammar. I do realize that most people work during the day, but I didn’t realize that your boss allows their employees to surf the web, trying to solve personal problems, instead of doing the job they were hired for. Could you post his name, as I’d like to work for that company. I hope you’re not in customer service, or maybe you are and working from home. Finally I’ll give you one more tip because of your inexperience. Make sure that you change the oil at least once, if not twice after you repair the engine. Do this to remove all the diluted oil or you’ll be asking how to repair a seized bearing. Sorry for any of the grammatical errors in this response, but I’m sure a highly educated person like you will understand what I’m talking about.
PS: I like a good strong, dark, blend of coffee, and would like to know if you could send me some or knew where I can get some. Thank you for the offer.

Joed756

Threads
Not knowing much about mowers besides how to strap on a carb, how does the carb affect the crankcase overflowing with oil? Is the fix buying the OEM carb?
The crankcase is overflowing with oil that is mixed with fuel because the main jet needle is stuck open. If smelling the dipstick is out of the question, take an oil sample to a lab where they can determine if there is fuel in the oil, but option 1 is much easier.

Joed756

Threads
I was talking about his Bruh comment and my undisclosed stupid joke of it being some new coffee. Like some French Bruh mocha chino mess.

slomo
I'm glad you are too much of a gentleman to comment on the "strap-on" comment.

wingnut1955

Threads
When there was a lot of smoke it seemed pretty white, but as it lessened there's definitely a blue tint, I felt like it had to be oil. Just seemed odd that I mowed most of my yard with no problem then it just started out of nowhere. I'll check the dipstick, could this be a symptom of a head gasket?
i put a fuel shutoff on fuel line so i dont have fuel in oil problem