Repairs what do you know my craftsman riding mower won't start

Nummy

Threads
  • / what do you know my craftsman riding mower won't start
I have a briggs and Stratton 24 hp 44m777-790-b1 Warranty just ran out last month (Man I wish I wasn't such a cheap skate LOL)I went to use it and wouldn't start I found a loose bolt on intake manifold tightened it up and it started ran like crap but good enough to get the job done. Then I replaced both O-rings now it won't start. I have spark on both cylinders have gas to carb drained out old gas blew out lines drained out carb put in fresh 93 oct new plugs even though old ones had good spark needle and seat are fine fuel solenoid works key in flywheel is where it is should be but didn't take off to see just removed nut and washer and its in the groove tried without air cleaner on tried spraying starting fluid on plugs and in hole nothing seems to do anything. Though I did hit a tree root 2 week prior and bent up the heavy duty blades now junk. blew air through carb fuel lines exhaust. BUT NOTICED that my THROTTLE is STUCK wide open and doesn't move with the throttle cable the linkage is attached and the two springs are hooked up (never removed) so I assume that they are correct but I can't seem to get the throttle to rest against the idle screw unless I hold it there once I let off it opens to full throttle. I also think i'm getting to much fuel cause when I pulled the plugs they were wet and blew quite a bit out of the cylinder and it did try to start once when I had it on half throttle Any help is REALLY APPRECIATED THANKS

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The throttle Should always be wide open when the engine is Not running... there is a spring that holds it Open, the governor will close it with the engine running.

Check that the choke is full Open. air filter clean...
If the orings you replaced are leaking at all it likely will not start...

While cranking the engine spray starting fluid or carb cleaner into the air intake With the air cleaner removed... If it woll not start you have either an obstruction in the intake manifold (from when you replaced the orings) OR you do not have spark... did you short the kill wire while working around the carb??
Check a few of these things & post back... Why are you using high octane fuel?:smile:KennyV

Nummy

Threads
Both O-rings are leaking tried three times cleaning everything and can't get a good seal used 280 grit paper to clean the heads and starting fluid on everything and blew dry and can't get these thing to not leak can I use gasket adhesive or something to help with this? Also I used the 93 oct cause the gas I had was probably not the best and thought it might help it fire easier and might help it to run a little better I do have spark on both sides and tried with and without the air cleaner